Steve Brute

LoveItIfWeBeatU

Barely posted on here but enjoy reading the posts. I find the differing views on Rafa and Bruce across the fan base groups interesting.

Personally I loved Rafa. A very smart tactician who engaged superbly with the fans. Definitely did a fine job under limited resources and I agree with anyone who says he was poorly backed. I also don’t think he’s a miracle worker though and hasn’t been ‘world class’ for years (you’d think he’d be doing better in China if so). Finishing mid-table after promotion isn’t miraculous given how poor most of the league is and at times we were very poor at home. If things didn’t go well he’d always have the lack of investment defence that Bruce doesn’t get, but he still had a better squad. I mean Joelinton wasn’t an upgrade on Rondon and Perez, £40m or not. Obviously some more freedom would have helped, but personally we weren’t astonishing in the Championship - should have walked that league imo. I think he still has limitations even with stronger players basically.

As with Bruce, well I’m not a fan like everyone else here but why do people get annoyed about him receiving praise when things go well? That’s how it works with managers - the team does well and they get praised generally. For all his tactical limitations and at times horrendous football, the players are playing for him so fair play. It may not work long-term but I think he’s getting some things right.

Also why all the hatred? Sure if the Saudis came in we’d have him replaced, but why should he ‘f**k off’ as opposed to be replaced? He hasn’t done anything unpleasant here. Is it because he’s a yes man? Backed better than Rafa? Left a team none of us care about because they wanted more compensation? All true but I can’t say they bother me about him - I’m just really indifferent to him.

If you don’t know by now or can’t see it, you never will.

So, it’s pointless answering you.

As Lao Tzu said ‘The water in the well cannot contemplate the ocean’

giphy.gif

Some real embarrassing stuff in here, Bruce had nowt to do with the Joelinton transfer , Ashley has spent money this preseason as it’s absolutely vital we stay up for any sale and he’s had a bit of a windfall with the deposit.

Bruce identified where we needed players; not rocket science but he managed to get them to come here. We were the far better side yesterday.

I’m no Bruce lover, said so many times, the wheels tend to fall off after a couple of seasons but knocking him at the moment is nonsense. My biggest gripe with Bruce has always been his feigned affinity to Newcastle and that accent. He’s never been at a bigger club than Newcastle (fair to say) so let nature take its course.

For a club that had Kinnear, licky lips, McLaren and the utterly detestable King, I’d take Bruce right now.

And was accountable to it for that exact reason. Grateful, accepting, enabling, just like the King you do detest

How is Bruce accountable to the Joelinton transfer? The deal was done, Bruce came in 2 weeks or so the season started. Was Bruce to turn down the job because he had no say in it? Nonsense.

It's not nonsense; his presence here - as opposed to a dignified, talented manager with his own vision - is what enabled Joelinton to happen. If Bruce/a patsy wasn't here, Joelinton wouldn't be.

Besides, I thought he okay'd it?

Again, nothing to do with last night which by all accounts was a good performance and fair play.

Some real embarrassing stuff in here, Bruce had nowt to do with the Joelinton transfer , Ashley has spent money this preseason as it’s absolutely vital we stay up for any sale and he’s had a bit of a windfall with the deposit.

Bruce identified where we needed players; not rocket science but he managed to get them to come here. We were the far better side yesterday.

I’m no Bruce lover, said so many times, the wheels tend to fall off after a couple of seasons but knocking him at the moment is nonsense. My biggest gripe with Bruce has always been his feigned affinity to Newcastle and that accent. He’s never been at a bigger club than Newcastle (fair to say) so let nature take its course.

For a club that had Kinnear, licky lips, McLaren and the utterly detestable King, I’d take Bruce right now.

And was accountable to it for that exact reason. Grateful, accepting, enabling, just like the King you do detest

How is Bruce accountable to the Joelinton transfer? The deal was done, Bruce came in 2 weeks or so the season started. Was Bruce to turn down the job because he had no say in it? Nonsense.

It's not nonsense; his presence here - as opposed to a dignified, talented manager with his own vision - is what enabled Joelinton to happen. If Bruce/a patsy wasn't here, Joelinton wouldn't be.

Besides, I thought he okay'd it?

Again, nothing to do with last night which by all accounts was a good performance and fair play.

Didn't Rafa agree to him but just said he wasn't worth more than 20m? At which point Ashley said he'd fund the extra 20m from his own pocket.

For whatever reason Ashley was determined that the Joelinton deal was done. He made it known that he put his “own” money in for it. Rafa didn’t think he was worth what we paid but had he stayed the deal would have still happened. Bruce cottened on quickly that Joelinton didn’t have the tools to be a centre forward, his early interviews make that clear.

We need to judge Bruce on what he does not what Rafa might have done. Rafa bought Joselu, loaned Atsu and then unbelievably bought him and also spent £14M on Murphy. Yes, that’s a lot to do with Ashley but let’s not pretend it’s perfect. Bruce might have hit lucky with who has become available at Mike’s price point and need to stay up but for £35M he’s picked up Wilson, Lewis, Hendrick and Fraser for the price of Almiron and Murphy.

It’s possible to make arguments to fit most agendas, I’m gonna try and not view Bruce as the phoney Geordie and instead look at results, organisation and team spirit and see what happens. I’ll give him 2 seasons.

Also why all the hatred?

Exactly.

But why does that lead to such levels hatred and hostility? Does Lascelles get the same? He’s talking about his boss. I personally don’t really care. It’s not a disgraceful and insulting thing to the fans etc. I’d rather he didn’t say that, but stuff like that still gets blown out of proportion. If someone is not a fan of the bloke anyway then people will react worse to fairly harmless stuff.

Also why all the hatred?

Exactly.

But why does that lead to such levels hatred and hostility? Does Lascelles get the same? He’s talking about his boss. I personally don’t really care. It’s not a disgraceful and insulting thing to the fans etc. I’d rather he didn’t say that, but stuff like that still gets blown out of proportion. If someone is not a fan of the bloke anyway then people will react worse to fairly harmless stuff.

It's absolutely not harmless stuff for Bruce to say that about the parasite who has taken the club irrecoverably backwards during the time he has owned it.

And his motivation for saying that makes it worse - he's kissing his boss's arse to cement his own position. He doesn't give the first shit about NUFC, never has and pretends like he does now it suits him.

He's a prick and a snake who should never have been in our dugout. And he's shit.

Also why all the hatred?

Exactly.

I guess it's because we fans have been living Ashley for over a decade and he swans in for a few months and makes stupid general comments based on his limited experience. It's a little condescending really.

Lascelles took an absolute caning on here to be fair. As has Shola etc - it's not an agenda against Bruce in that regard.

Also why all the hatred?

Exactly.

Yep, he's a condescending arsehole only in it for himself.

Tsunami[/member] I do genuinely respect what you are saying about looking upon a given situation objectively and without pre-existing bias or agenda. I think if I could do that I'd still be a fan who celebrated goals and what-have-you. But I can't get there myself; every time I look at the bloke he makes my skin crawl. I tried again to give him the benefit of the doubt and decided to watch his NUFCTV post match interview this morning; literally after his first word I thought "what a smug, irritating individual you are."

I can't abide the bloke and will confess that I might be irrational from time to time. Which I'm sure is a delight for others to read.

Guest Cheesy Beans

I really wouldn’t bother with him. If you don’t get it by now you’re a wum or incapable of understanding truth

Whilst I don’t agree with his opinion, that’s a fairly shit post like.

He’s made his opinion, put forward his thoughts and reasons for it and is entitled to to have it. A forum is for discussion and undoubtedly there will be differing opinions.

Posts like this just put off new members from signing up and/or posting. New members on here regularly comment  that they get shit for not falling in line with the general consensus with the ‘old guard’ on here, sort of proves their point.

That’s fair enough Yorkie; his faux Geordieness does my napper in. He’s here, he’ll not be here that long and he’s got better results and brought better players in than I thought he would. I can’t get away with those slagging him off for his face, weight, pasties etc. His disingenuous is free game however.

I’m still clinging to the hope that the takeover is still possible and someone somewhere is showing the govt what they could have won. They really need a bit of sovereign wealth to come in and invest where they won’t.

Also why all the hatred?

Exactly.

It's absolutely not harmless stuff for Bruce to say that about the parasite who has taken the club irrecoverably backwards during the time he has owned it.

And his motivation for saying that makes it worse - he's kissing his boss's arse to cement his own position. He doesn't give the first shit about NUFC, never has and pretends like he does now it suits him.

He's a prick and a snake who should never have been in our dugout. And he's shit.

:thup: Exactly this.

That’s fair enough Yorkie; his faux Geordieness does my napper in. He’s here, he’ll not be here that long and he’s got better results and brought better players in than I thought he would. I can’t get away with those slagging him off for his face, weight, pasties etc. His disingenuous is free game however.

I’m still clinging to the hope that the takeover is still possible and someone somewhere is showing the govt what they could have won. They really need a bit of sovereign wealth to come in and invest where they won’t.

I couldn't care less about his appearance or weight etc.  I just absolutely know that he is a dreadful manager/coach.

I really wouldn’t bother with him. If you don’t get it by now you’re a wum or incapable of understanding truth

What a ridiculous post. I’ve made some perfectly reasonable points I appreciate not everyone will agree with and all you can say is I ‘don’t get it’ and must be a ‘win’ or ‘incapable of understanding the truth’. Thanks for showing me why I’m wrong.

I don’t think Steve Bruce should ‘f**k off’ and am really upset because he’s kissing his boss’s arse. I just don’t care. I don’t rate him as a manager or admire him as a bloke but he hasn’t done horrible things here and I’m happy to praise him if things go well. Sorry that’s not acceptable here.

Bruce did well yesterday tbf, he made a point before the game that Carroll would be as important in defence as up front with West Ham being a big side physically, and that turned out to be right. Didn't think he got much wrong yesterday, went with two up front which a few were complaining about prior to the game and it worked okay in this game.