Martin Dúbravka

Figures 1-0 Football

Without the foul there is no 'cock-up'.

Without the foul he catches it like he had done so many times in the game.

I still don't agree with people saying it's a cock-up/howler/clanger because without the hands in his face, it's a straight forward catch.

Wish I could stop replying in this thread :lol:

Without the foul there is no 'cock-up'.

Without the foul he catches it like he had done so many times in the game.

I still don't agree with people saying it's a cock-up/howler/clanger because without the hands in his face, it's a straight forward catch.

Wish I could stop replying in this thread :lol:

Bang on :thup:

"He should have punched it" is another one. 

Why? He has like 95% high ball catch rate or whatever, and catches those for fun. It was landing right in his hands, and literally went through his hands (because of Boly's hands in his face impairing his vision at the last moment) where he would have made the routine catch.

Ok I will say it again.  It was poor goalkeeping AND a foul.  Do some of you lot not know the rules of football?  99 times out of a 100 the referee gives a foul on the goalkeeper.  Incredibly, we get the arsehole referee who happened to do the 100th game.

Ok I will say it again.  It was poor goalkeeping AND a foul.  Do some of you lot not know the rules of football?  99 times out of a 100 the referee gives a foul on the goalkeeper.  Incredibly, we get the arsehole referee who happened to do the 100th game.

Harsh to call it poor goalkeeping when he had hands over his face, preventing him from making the easy catch. 

If he doesn't catch it without being impeded = poor goalkeeping.

If he doesn't catch it while being fouled = foul....prevented from doing his job.

If you watch the replay from the sideline camera you see both of Boly's arms come down on Dubrava as they're both jumping, and both of his arms are wrapped around Dubravka's head/shoulders and making full contact on Dubravka before the ball arrives. His arms are holding Dubravka down, they allow Boly to hang in the air a little longer (leveraging himself), and obstructing Dubravka's vision/mobility. If VAR was operating, 1000000000% the goal is ruled out.

If you watch the replay from the sideline camera you see both of Boly's arms come down on Dubrava as they're both jumping, and both of his arms are wrapped around Dubravka's head/shoulders and making full contact on Dubravka before the ball arrives. His arms are holding Dubravka down, they allow Boly to hang in the air a little longer (leveraging himself), and obstructing Dubravka's vision/mobility. If VAR was operating, 1000000000% the goal is ruled out.

You'd like to think that, but if Jamie Carragher can say there is nothing wrong with it then what's to stop the official in the studio thinking the same?

I like Jamie Carraher by the way but you could see him slowly but not completely retracting his initial statement of an ok goal.  He knows it was a foul but tried to save face.  Christ, I can't let it go!