Martin Dúbravka

Figures 1-0 Football

In real time I thought it was a foul.

It was no? i've only seen it once mind. Besides it shouldn't matter as the game should have been over long before then. Not sure where the ref got the extra near minute from.

Our sub

Can people stop going on about the added time? It's already been pointed out the goal was scored on 94 mins 34 seconds. There was 4 minutes of added time plus we made a sub in that period which adds another 30 seconds. There wasn't a problem there.

Can people stop going on about the added time? It's already been pointed out the goal was scored on 94 mins 34 seconds. There was 4 minutes of added time plus we made a sub in that period which adds another 30 seconds. There wasn't a problem there.

It is when no fucker else gets that time added on.

It is when no fucker else gets that time added on.

They do if there's been a sub

Guest NobbyOhNobby

The relative merits of it being a foul or not are irrelevant for me. Dubravkasy got himself into a bad position, failed to jump, was trying to catch the ball at its lowest point, and generally just didn't deal with the danger before Boly even had a chance to get involved. Like Rafa said in his post-match presser, if he gets up high early and punches it we aren't having this conversation. Boly also barely touched him, and we'd be raging if we scored that goal and it was disallowed.

He's still a good keeper and had a great game until that point

Err, well I for one would be expecting it to be disallowed if we scored that goal as it was a clear foul. I dare say the last player to score a goal like that for us was probably Shearer back in the 2000's.

Also, I don't think "barely touched" is an apt description somehow.

Did you notice none of our players ran to the ref to protest the awarding of the goal? Dubravkasy and Lascelles started shouting at each other, not the ref.

It looks far worse in slow motion, but I still think he barely touched him

I must admit I do have a bit if sympathy with the ref in that it was a tough call in real time.

It's acceptable if the ref hasn't seen it as a foul, although given Dubs had comfortably caught about 8 similar crosses, I'd like to think the ref seen at least something out of the ordinary that was worthy of consideration. I can't get away with people who have seen the replay claiming it isn't a foul.

The relative merits of it being a foul or not are irrelevant for me. Dubravkasy got himself into a bad position, failed to jump, was trying to catch the ball at its lowest point, and generally just didn't deal with the danger before Boly even had a chance to get involved. Like Rafa said in his post-match presser, if he gets up high early and punches it we aren't having this conversation. Boly also barely touched him, and we'd be raging if we scored that goal and it was disallowed.

Err, well I for one would be expecting it to be disallowed if we scored that goal as it was a clear foul. I dare say the last player to score a goal like that for us was probably Shearer back in the 2000's.

Did you notice none of our players ran to the ref to protest the awarding of the goal? Dubravkasy and Lascelles started shouting at each other, not the ref.

Doesn't matter how much he touched him, he's waving his hands around in front of Dúbravka's face.

I must admit I do have a bit if sympathy with the ref in that it was a tough call in real time.

It's acceptable if the ref hasn't seen it as a foul, although given Dubs had comfortably caught about 8 similar crosses, I'd like to think the ref seen at least something out of the ordinary that was worthy of consideration. I can't get away with people who have seen the replay claiming it isn't a foul.

That's because a lot of people refuse to admit they made a mistake. For more examples, via any debate about Brexit.

That's because a lot of people refuse to admit they made a mistake. For more examples, via any debate about Brexit.

Carragher being the prime example of this.  So much cringe him trying to justify it not being a foul :lol:

'but...but...but...it only looks like a foul when it's slowed down'

From Hardy;

@mhardysport 3m3 minutes ago

Martin Dubravka, 2018/19, in numbers:

CLEAN SHEETS:

7 (5th highest in Premier League)

GOALS CONCEDED:

34 (9th best)

SAVES:

77 (6th best)

PUNCHES:

10 (8th best)

HIGH CLAIMS:

25 (2nd best)

SWEEPER CLEARANCES:

12 (6th best)

From Hardy;

@mhardysport 3m3 minutes ago

Martin Dubravka, 2018/19, in numbers:

CLEAN SHEETS:

7 (5th highest in Premier League)

GOALS CONCEDED:

34 (9th best)

SAVES:

77 (6th best)

PUNCHES:

10 (8th best)

HIGH CLAIMS:

25 (2nd best)

SWEEPER CLEARANCES:

12 (6th best)

Can’t wait to see David Edgar’s star graphs proving why Darlow is even better.

He was blatantly trying to catch it and fall down with the ball to kill the game off but he was clearly impeded by Boly – definite foul! He could have punched it and it went to straight to their player for a tap-in or out for a corner which they may have scored from and he’d have got slated for not catching it! I don’t understand why no defender blocked Boly’s run too – he had a free run at the ball. He’s a fantastic keeper and that Ronniegill article questioning whether or not he should be dropped is an utter joke!

I mean the issues is we let them have 22 shots and we failed to get a second goal or a first goal the week before. Someone is going to make a mistake the more he gets tested. Hopefully Almiron gives the team that outlet over the rest of the season. 

Irrelevant really, it's a foul regardless. Dubravka has every right to catch that ball or be impeded, either way we should win the game.

He was impeded, the officials didn't do their jobs.