Martin Dúbravka

Figures 1-0 Football

Are you on the wind up?

Erm, no. :rolleyes:

Did you just not read the first part of the sentence of mine you referenced, then? Where I said he should obviously save it?

You insinuated that people were saying he wasn't at fault for the goal, which is entirely false and a bit bizarre, but tbh does ties-in with your apparent inability to read.

:lol:

No, you read my posts again - you will not find anything directed at you saying or implying whether he should have saved it or not. Only that your excuses for him were crap.

You insinuated that people were saying he wasn't at fault for the goal, which is entirely false and a bit bizarre

I read the posts last night but I only replied this morning as I was in hurry; so this likely to have played a part in distorting my memory about the consensus on here. In any case, reading it back again, you're right, no one was saying that it wasn't his fault. So I accept that I was wrong here.

Had a good game yesterday.

Sadly that mistake was enough to lose the match. It happens to everyone though, even the best keepers in the world has howlers in them from time to time.

Would be a bigger concern if he did it every match, which he doesn't.

My biggest shock yesterday was my Dad (who thinks a keeper should catch every shot and look like John Burridge) who had a lot of sympathy for Dubravka and said it was an awkward bounce.

If it was Elliot people wouldn't be saying it wasn't that big of a mistake. Love Dubs and think he's been top class for us, but it was definitely a howler.

Agreed. Darlow or Elliot got pelters for lesser mistakes. Still our best keeper by a distance

If it was Elliot people wouldn't be saying it wasn't that big of a mistake. Love Dubs and think he's been top class for us, but it was definitely a howler.

Agreed. Darlow or Elliot got pelters for lesser mistakes. Still our best keeper by a distance

They get pelters because they’re shit AND make errors. Dubravka is a good goalkeeper who’s made a couple of mistakes.

They get pelters because they’re shit AND make errors. Dubravka is a good goalkeeper who’s made a couple of mistakes.

Soft hands Karl and can’t dive low Rob made mistakes or simply didn’t save the stuff Dubvraka does 95 out a 100 times.

Every player makes a mistake in every game. The equivalent mistake made by a winger results in a throw in, unfortunately for keepers when they make a mistake it is more likely to result in a goal and they therefore look worse.

Dubs gets worked harder than most keepers in the league and its inevitable that mistakes will happen. He's still more likely to save us points than cost us them so I won't lose sleep over it