Martin Dúbravka

Figures 1-0 Football

Genuine question. Who is better, Dubravka or Given?

Still Given for me but I don’t know if that’s because he was so prominent for us during our more successful period while I was growing up. So much so that when the announcer is reading the team sheet out and and says “number 1” part of me expects a booming “Shay Given” to follow.

Still Given for me but I don’t know if that’s because he was so prominent for us during our more successful period while I was growing up. So much so that when the announcer is reading the team sheet out and and says “number 1” part of me expects a booming “Shay Given” to follow.

Dubravka is the better all round keeper by a long way for me like . I trust him more with high crosses into the box , and he commands his box better than Given . I'd say they were pretty equal as shot stoppers but Dubravka is more vocal than Given when organising his defence. I seem to remember Given used to go through periods of dodgy distribution , although I stand to be corrected on that .

Dubravka is the better all round keeper by a long way for me like . I trust him more with high crosses into the box , and he commands his box better than Given . I'd say they were pretty equal as shot stoppers but Dubravka is more vocal than Given when organising his defence. I seem to remember Given used to go through periods of dodgy distribution , although I stand to be corrected on that .

Fully agree. Think you also have to realise that goalkeeping has changed a lot in the time since Given was at his best, especially in terms of distribution and being comfortable with the ball at your feet, and thats not meant to put Shay down as he was great for us, just praise of Dubravka and recognising how good his all round game is.

Fully agree. Think you also have to realise that goalkeeping has changed a lot in the time since Given was at his best, especially in terms of distribution and being comfortable with the ball at your feet, and thats not meant to put Shay down as he was great for us, just praise of Dubravka and recognising how good his all round game is.

Agreed. Peter Schmeichel is considered the best keeper in the premier league era but his kicking was shockingly bad. Wouldn't get away with it these days. Much like how Cech probably won't get back in the Arsenal team if Leno is fully fit.

He's currently better than some of those listed goalkeepers. No doubt in my mind.

That's a bold claim. Lloris, maybe.

Unless you mean currently in better form? Even then, Dubs was a bit scratchy at the start of the season and is only now back at the standard he set last year.

He's currently better than some of those listed goalkeepers. No doubt in my mind.

Unless you mean currently in better form? Even then, Dubs was a bit scratchy at the start of the season and is only now back at the standard he set last year.

Kepa is probably the weakest of those 4 to be honest.

Dubs is the absolute find of our last few seasons.  I hope the FCB doesn't try to cash in on him in Jan - he's our only player who is good enough in their position to see us challenge for top 7 (if we ever see new investment...)

*And maybe Fernandez and Schaar if they keep showing the promise they have

Guest neesy111

There's not much money to be found in selling goalkeepers really (despite obvious evidence to the contrary), I doubt we're looking to sell him.

It'll be darlow that's off imo.  Leeds and Villa interested in him.

There's not much money to be found in selling goalkeepers really (despite obvious evidence to the contrary), I doubt we're looking to sell him.

It'll be darlow that's off imo.  Leeds and Villa interested in him.

He can go. He's shite.  One step up from Jak 'Crisp Packet Wrists' Alnwick.  Blob is fine as a backup.

I'd argue he's better than Lloris and Kepa on this and last season's evidence. So yeah, I guess I'm speaking of form and not career achievements.