Martin Dúbravka

Figures 1-0 Football

Think with this Permanent we now have a solid first 11 to start with and now we just focus on improving bit by bit

At the moment we're starting with Gayle up front and either Murphy or Atsu on the left.

We're a solid 9 at the moment

Brilliant stuff. Should be a given of course.

If he's 75% as good as Given I'll be chuffed.

Given was a great shot stopper but this lad has a much more well rounded skill set.

Pleased we've not completely forgotten how to sign someone.

He was already with us tbf, guess it helped.

Charnley: Right Martin, so I’m just going to fax you the contract...

Dubravka: What? I’m right here!

Martin Dúbravka has spoken of his pride after signing for Newcastle on a permanent basis.

The Slovakia international goalkeeper initially joined the Magpies on loan from Sparta Prague in January and kept a clean sheet in a 1-0 win over Manchester United on his debut.

He went on to make 12 Premier League appearances as the Magpies finished tenth in the top flight, and Newcastle this week took up an option to sign him.

Dúbravka, 29, has agreed a contract until the summer of 2022 and told nufc.co.uk: "I'm very proud and very pleased to be a part of the club and I'm very happy that I have my future here.

"It's hard to put it into words because it's something special. It means a lot.

"When I arrived on loan in January, I already knew Newcastle United was a great club with amazing fans.

"The first game helped a lot in a new team. Nobody knew who I was and then suddenly I was playing against Manchester United with my teammates.

"I really appreciate the way the fans supported us, home and away. I've never seen anything like that before.

"They give us energy and that helps us to play well and give 100 per cent. I'm happy that I can be part of that relationship."

Dúbravka is currently on international duty with Slovakia, who face the Netherlands on Thursday before taking on Morocco on Monday.

But he signed off the 2017/18 campaign with another clean sheet as United beat Chelsea 3-0 on the final day of the season, with his name regularly chanted by supporters both during and after the game.

"The last game against Chelsea, I've never had that feeling," he said. "It was something special. I didn't want to walk away, I wanted to stay and enjoy it.

"I'm very excited for next season. It is a great dressing room with great players who helped me a lot.

"I'm looking forward to the new season, to sticking together and having the fans with us."