Martin Dúbravka

Figures 1-0 Football

His finding is also a reminder of how big a win getting a good player from a smaller league can be. Obviously we need more proven quality too, but I think we could have done with casting the net a bit wider in the past. We've never gone as far east as the Czech republic lately.

His finding is also a reminder of how big a win getting a good player from a smaller league can be. Obviously we need more proven quality too, but I think we could have done with casting the net a bit wider in the past. We've never gone as far east as the Czech republic lately.

Well we did get Cisse from that obscure Bundesliga competition in Germany, but yeah we have previously generally only bought off agents that were known to the club and one would assume could hide their fees well judging by the transfer policy we seem to have been following for the past decade or so.

For the fee, it's a no brainer, assuming we stay up. His age is probably something the owner doesn't like, but he's still a good age for a keeper and perfect really for Woodman to understudy for. There may be other options though in the summer, Hart (please god no), Butland (if Stoke drop, others though will surely be in for him and pay way more than our 5 million :), could cause a ripple effect though, making other keepers looking for new homes, and Rena I'm sure will be back on the rumour mill again.

Guest Howaythetoon

He hasn’t really been tested yet in terms of shot stopping, but he commands his box fairly well and he’s a talker and organiser which is a huge element of being a ‘keeper. Given the nature of his game in that he wants to come for everything and is quite lively, he is going to drop a clanger every now and again and I accept that because unless you are buying the very best, most ‘keepers will drop a clanger here and there. He is such a big upgrade on what we have. He fills you with confidence when it comes to crosses in the box and when the ball is at his feet. I like what I’ve seen and hope we sign him permanently.

Guest Howaythetoon

Made 1-2 great stops in all 3 matches he's played for us man. :lol:

4 matches and little to do in either, I’m not questioning his shot stopping btw, just saying he can’t really be judged on that at the moment, not that anyone is. I’m just talking shite aren’t I :lol:

If we had Darlliot in goal, we’d easily have 3-4 less points than we do now.

Superb signing, sign the f***er up for the nominal fee.

Correct.

Annoying to think where we'd be if we'd signed an upgrade on a GK and CF last summer like Rafa desperately wanted!

If we had Darlliot in goal, we’d easily have 3-4 less points than we do now.

Superb signing, sign the f***er up for the nominal fee.

Correct.

Annoying to think where we'd be if we'd signed an upgrade on a GK and CF last summer like Rafa desperately wanted!

At least 10 points higher imo