Martin Dúbravka

Figures 1-0 Football

Decisive as fuck claiming every high ball (apart from one slight rick he got away with) and made the regulation save he had to.

The confidence he gives the back four is invaluable. He's a very good keeper and it's mental he's been fannying around in the Eastern League for so many years.

How good must Prague's other goalkeeper be to have kept Dubravka out to the point of letting him leave is what I want to know.

Absolutely love the guy  :smitten:

He was their regular no. 1, I thought.

Thing is, he's probably just an average Premier League level keeper but it's been 4-5 years since we've had a keeper (peak Krul) even at that level, it's like we're being spoiled. :lol:

Definitely not average.

How good must Prague's other goalkeeper be to have kept Dubravka out to the point of letting him leave is what I want to know.

Absolutely love the guy  :smitten:

He was their regular no. 1, I thought.

Yup. They had to find a replacement first choice keeper when we went in for him.

It's too early to cast a thorough judgement over him but the signs are very promising. He's looked fine/strong in every department so far; shot-stopping, communication, footwork, handling...

You're made to wonder if there's a catch (:pow:) somewhere, given how he capable he looks. He's not a youngster and Liberec and Sparta Prague are hardly unknowns... decent goalies are a commodity in the Premier League so you wonder why no one's snapped him up before now.

But, needless to say; really high hopes for the lad and a permanent signing seems like a no-brainer at the moment.

It's too early to cast a thorough judgement over him but the signs are very promising. He's looked fine/strong in every department so far; shot-stopping, communication, footwork, handling...

You're made to wonder if there's a catch (:pow:) somewhere, given how he capable he looks. He's not a youngster and Liberec and Sparta Prague are hardly unknowns... decent goalies are a commodity in the Premier League so you wonder why no one's snapped him up before now.

But, needless to say; really high hopes for the lad and a permanent signing seems like a no-brainer at the moment.

His distribution has also been very good barring his little blunder yesterday which we can forgive  :)

Anyone got a video of his dodgy throw? What's class as an average keeper these days? Obviously De Gea is the top stopper in the league but he seems to have excellent all-round ability to succeed at this level. I love how he orders the defence around and commands his area really well, that's something what stopped Given being world class and joining a bigger team when we started to decline.

Favourite thing that de gea does that would be infuriating for a worse keeper is how often hedoesn't move and lets shots fly very narrowly wide as if he's much more sure it's off target than anyone else in stadium

The only real save of note that he made was when he pushed an effirt wide when our previous incumbents would have more than likely spilled it to the centre forward for a tap in. This guy rocks

I've seen nothing about his game that worries me. Given Pickfords fee, he will be a bargain.

Granted Pickford is fairly young and looks a real prospect, from what I've seen of the two Dubravka looks more assured and complete as a goalkeeper (albeit it's still early days) where as Pickford has much learning still to do. If we can really sign him for 4 million or so, it's an unbelievable deal.

Thing is, he's probably just an average Premier League level keeper but it's been 4-5 years since we've had a keeper (peak Krul) even at that level, it's like we're being spoiled. :lol:

There's not that many good keepers in the Premier, Arsenal struggled to find a decent one for a long time. Even Liverpool have been making do with mediocre Mignolet.