Martin Dúbravka

Figures 1-0 Football

:lol: he did well.

Darlow has done well on occasion. Hopefully he's the next Buffon, but imma keep calm on this one.

I completely agree it's best to not get carried away. However, neither Darlow or Elliot have given that much of a composed and all round goalkeeping display this season.

Darlow has done well on occasion. Hopefully he's the next Buffon, but imma keep calm on this one.

I completely agree it's best to not get carried away. However, neither Darlow or Elliot have given that much of a composed and all round goalkeeping display this season.

The thing that really impressed me was early in the game when he came for that cross. We haven't had a goalkeeper with that presence for so long i forgot they were allowed to do that.  :lol:

Makes me think he'll do well, his mentality is to command the box. We don't let opponents have too many shots so I'm more bothered about someone whose going to throw his weight around rather than pull of blinding saves every week

This is it, for me. He wasn't flying around making loads of mega saves and whatnot, something that can't be replicated every week. He simply went about things in a calm and professional way. He made a couple of really decent stops too, of course, but it was mainly his positioning, collection and distribution that made me excited.

Aye it's the assurance when coming out for the one-on-ones and the handling of crosses which really gives you the hope. The vast majority of goalies can pull off a decent save or two; his performance was just excellent all-round today. It was all sensible, well-executed stuff, too; he looked a bit mad on the Youtube vids.