Figures 1-0 Football

Guest neesy111

Let Dúbravka save the ball

(Limbs)

Make it happen. Don't let it drown in a pool.

Very good.

Really needs to start right away, I think Rafa hinted that he would in his comments about the signing needing to adapt very quickly. Hard on Darlow but we've brought this lad in for a reason and if we are looking to "try before we buy" he needs an opportunity to do that.

As much as some of our players aren’t world beaters, they all seem to be genuinely happy to be here and are generally all great professionals. A world away from some of the mercenary twats we’ve had before.

If we could have that character, and an owner who would pay for better quality, we’d be absolutely set.

As much as some of our players aren’t world beaters, they all seem to be genuinely happy to be here and are generally all great professionals. A world away from some of the mercenary twats we’ve had before.

If we could have that character, and an owner who would pay for better quality, we’d be absolutely set.

Wonder if that has something to do with the manager and more positive atmosphere from the fans (due to the manager).

Was going to say it must be ages since we've acquired a senior player (not Vuckic, Satka) from a team playing in a European league in 'Eastern Europe' ( I guess Czech Republic isn't really classed as Eastern Europe but it's more East than the bigger central European leagues, like Germany if that makes sense). But then I remembered we loaned Ferrerya not that long ago.

Not sure who it would have been before that. Maybe Maric but I'm sure I'm missing someone really obvious as that seems a big gap between him and Ferrerya

Theres a video showing him in action on youtube - Martin Dúbravka - Welcome to Newcastle United

Some hilarious saves in there, guy seems to fly around his goal limbs all over the place a lot  :lol:

Wew, watching that video he looks just like Sels. Constantly 'saving' the ball into the danger area and putting the team under pressure. If that's a compliation of his best bits, then he doesn't really look that good at all. :lol:

Theres a video showing him in action on youtube - Martin Dúbravka - Welcome to Newcastle United

Some hilarious saves in there, guy seems to fly around his goal limbs all over the place a lot  :lol:

That's a great video, the slo-mo replays of him tipping the ball over the bar :lol:

The last save on the video is fantastic though

Guest firetotheworks

How much of it is down to the quality he's up against I don't know, but it's hard not to just think that a good save is a good save, and he appears to make a fair amount of good saves.

Guest neesy111

I really can't see him playing until Rafa has at least seen him in training for a bit. Think this is 50% a punt on a player, 50% a way to allow Woodman out on loan for much needed gametime.

I don't think he would had joined if he wasn't guaranteed game time.