Still not worthy of a thread

Yorkie

I agree with this article. There are too many mismatches in football these days with leagues becoming way too predictable. Ideally I would like finances to spread out or other ways to level the playing field, but its not going to happen. Let Man City play the likes of Barcelona and Bayern Munich and clubs like ourselves play Everton and Leicester. A European Super League needs to happen now.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/may/19/manchester-city-sky-blue-smashing-of-watford-proves-football-is-broken

If a Super League is the only solution then I'm basically behind it, but I think it's an extremely depressing prospect. That being said, I do think the article is slightly dramatic - we've beaten Man City this season, for starters. Watford were hopeless yesterday.

The Super League idea is crap as it only really invites teams who are big now, many of them due to recent riches. Not a chance PSG should be considered as European Super team considering their achievements outside of France and how until they got rich recently, they were just making the numbers up France when teams like Lyon were gaining 7 titles in a row. What happens if these clubs get into their Super League and all off a suddenly their riches mean fuck all and the likes of Barcelona and Real Madrid still keep winning it? How long would the owners stay then? How long would the fans be happy for? Would it really be fair to invite them back into their domestic leagues once they have told them to fuck off?

In reality the teams don’t want a Super League as they know it will end up being 1 sided, all they really want is guaranteed entry into the Champions League and all the money that comes from it.

It’s time the domestic leagues just called their bluff.

I agree with this article. There are too many mismatches in football these days with leagues becoming way too predictable. Ideally I would like finances to spread out or other ways to level the playing field, but its not going to happen. Let Man City play the likes of Barcelona and Bayern Munich and clubs like ourselves play Everton and Leicester. A European Super League needs to happen now.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/may/19/manchester-city-sky-blue-smashing-of-watford-proves-football-is-broken

start reversing the prize money, top gets least bottom gets most

Guest neesy111

wntgd.jpg

Not exactly prize money then :lol:

Guest neesy111

Are those Bale quotes correct ?

It is what spanish media are saying he said to a team mate via sources.  If true, then fucking hell.

Has anything really changed? In the 80s the likes of Liverpool & Spurs were paying 7-figure sums for the top players when for the rest, £250k to £750k was big money. We were spending £4-7.5m with the likes of Man U, Arsenal, Villa, Liverpool in the mid 90s when £2-3m was big money for most of the league. Now the big clubs are spending £50-80m when the rest of us are in the £15m-25m bracket.

Has anything really changed? In the 80s the likes of Liverpool & Spurs we’re paying 7-figure sums for the top players when for the rest, £250k to £750k was big money. We were spending £4-7.5m with the likes of Man U, Arsenal, Villa, Liverpool in the mid 90s when £2-3m was big money for most of the league. Now the big clubs are spending £50-80m when the rest of us are in the £15m-25m bracket.

No this is what I think.

People getting carried away as per

Leicester and Ajax 2 examples it isn’t all

About money and never will be

Has anything really changed? In the 80s the likes of Liverpool & Spurs we’re paying 7-figure sums for the top players when for the rest, £250k to £750k was big money. We were spending £4-7.5m with the likes of Man U, Arsenal, Villa, Liverpool in the mid 90s when £2-3m was big money for most of the league. Now the big clubs are spending £50-80m when the rest of us are in the £15m-25m bracket.

No this is what I think.

People getting carried away as per

Leicester and Ajax 2 examples it isn’t all

About money and never will be

The fact that you're bringing up 4 times champions Ajax as some sort of anomaly that proves how any old minnow can go deep into the Champions League is a demonstration of how much things have changed.

I'm sceptical

:icon_puke_r:

He comes across as that sort of character his agent always comes out with that kind of stance too.

Seems on the the same type of downward path as Alexis Sanchez.

It should put Man Utd right off paying big for someone coming out with those kind of quotes.

I'm sceptical

He comes across as that sort of character his agent always comes out with that kind of stance too.

It should put Man Utd right off paying big for someone coming out with those kind of quotes.

Have no problem with bale scored Copa del Rey Final and champions league three times

I'm sceptical

Have no problem with bale scored Copa del Rey Final and champions league three times

That’s part of the problem - he’s no longer a player who is pushing himself as he’s won just about everything there is to win. Aren’t Man Yoo trying to get rid of those players, not sign them?