Rafa Benítez (unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

Guest neesy111

He gave up in the summer and is seeing out his contact. Don't blame him for that.

So why doesn't he walk? Would that not be what is best for both club and manager? (If as you suggested he's just seeing out his contract)

Has to pay ashley £3m.

He gave up in the summer and is seeing out his contact. Don't blame him for that.

So why doesn't he walk? Would that not be what is best for both club and manager? (If as you suggested he's just seeing out his contract)

£3m?

Who should replace him? Souness? Alladyce? Pardew?

Whilst sitting at the match today with about 80 mins gone I began to think how much stick I would be giving to Pardew etc for not making a sub... I love Rafa but I am unfortunately asking myself is he the best man for the job... I feel like shit because I know we couldn't get better but can't help but feel Rafa could and should be doing better..

Ashley is waiting until we hit rock bottom, turn on Rafa and then he’ll pull the trigger and get rid of him.

A month ago and there’d have been anarchy. A few more weeks without a win and a lot of fans will probably just shrug their shoulders and then buy their tickets for Allardyce/Pardew/Curbishley’s first game.

Ashley is waiting until we hit rock bottom, turn on Rafa and then he’ll pull the trigger and get rid of him.

A month ago and there’d have been anarchy. A few more weeks without a win and a lot of fans will probably just shrug their shoulders and then buy their tickets for Allardyce/Pardew/Curbishley’s first game.

He’ll get someone like Rodgers and give him £50m as though it was Rafa’s fault.

Whilst sitting at the match today with about 80 mins gone I began to think how much stick I would be giving to Pardew etc for not making a sub... I love Rafa but I am unfortunately asking myself is he the best man for the job... I feel like shit because I know we couldn't get better but can't help but feel Rafa could and should be doing better..

there weren't any game changers on the bench to bring on.

there weren't any game changers on the bench to bring on.

Agreed, but as other's have said surley Dummett for Murphy with Kennedy going left back would have been worth a punt?

From a blog I've just read.

Ah Newcastle United; what act has the tragicomic pantomime reached in this international break? Well, on the pitch events continue to demonstrate that Benitez is the Noel Gallagher of football management; washed-up, hopeless, irrelevant and turning into an embarrassment. Indeed, his refusal to allow the likes of Freddy Woodman to go out on loan is more akin to something from Josef Ftizl’s parenting manual. A grand total of 1 point, courtesy of an unconvincing non-display at Selhurst Park where Palace spurned half a dozen gilt-edged chances, was harvested from the latest set of fixtures which included timid and predictable home losses to Arsenal and Leicester, where the ponderous sicknote Rondon (aka Slimani II) was hors de combat with some mysterious ailment that really ought to have precluded his signing in the first place, not to mention the five goal tragedy at Old Trafford. Sels, Lazaar, Games, Manquillo, Slimani and now Rondon; with that kind of record in the transfer market you can understand why Ashley keeps his friends close and his wallet closer.

Having widely been predicted as being an unwatchable mess, Mourinho’s Evening of Rehabilitation turned into the game of the season so far, while Liverpool versus Man City stunk the place out. Newcastle enjoyed 70 minutes of untroubled dominance, but a 2-0 lead turned into a desperate late loss as Mourinho kept his job, which is almost as farcical a state of affairs as Benitez keeping his.  At any normal club, things really ought to be hotting up for Benitez, as the newly slimline and frankly rather handsome Mike Ashley has been attending games of late to see El Rey de la Mierda de Toro’s tactical masterclass at first hand.

Without question, Ashley has been a devastatingly malign influence on Newcastle United, but the dinosaur tactics, miserable demeanour, rank incompetence in the transfer market and utter inability to accept any responsibility for the dire situation the team is in must all count against Benitez. The owner saw the abject failure in front of goal against Palace and Leicester; no goals scored, and, in the case of the latter game, a defeat assured the moment the team sheet was submitted. Don’t forget the storm of booing that greeted Benitez’s decision to withdraw Matt Ritchie at that game and the vastly increased numbers of fans who are starting to question the way the manager is going about his job. Many more are starting to see the validity in the “If Rafa stays I go” anti bullshit standpoint.

From a blog I've just read.

Ah Newcastle United; what act has the tragicomic pantomime reached in this international break? Well, on the pitch events continue to demonstrate that Benitez is the Noel Gallagher of football management; washed-up, hopeless, irrelevant and turning into an embarrassment. Indeed, his refusal to allow the likes of Freddy Woodman to go out on loan is more akin to something from Josef Ftizl’s parenting manual. A grand total of 1 point, courtesy of an unconvincing non-display at Selhurst Park where Palace spurned half a dozen gilt-edged chances, was harvested from the latest set of fixtures which included timid and predictable home losses to Arsenal and Leicester, where the ponderous sicknote Rondon (aka Slimani II) was hors de combat with some mysterious ailment that really ought to have precluded his signing in the first place, not to mention the five goal tragedy at Old Trafford. Sels, Lazaar, Games, Manquillo, Slimani and now Rondon; with that kind of record in the transfer market you can understand why Ashley keeps his friends close and his wallet closer.

Having widely been predicted as being an unwatchable mess, Mourinho’s Evening of Rehabilitation turned into the game of the season so far, while Liverpool versus Man City stunk the place out. Newcastle enjoyed 70 minutes of untroubled dominance, but a 2-0 lead turned into a desperate late loss as Mourinho kept his job, which is almost as farcical a state of affairs as Benitez keeping his.  At any normal club, things really ought to be hotting up for Benitez, as the newly slimline and frankly rather handsome Mike Ashley has been attending games of late to see El Rey de la Mierda de Toro’s tactical masterclass at first hand.

Without question, Ashley has been a devastatingly malign influence on Newcastle United, but the dinosaur tactics, miserable demeanour, rank incompetence in the transfer market and utter inability to accept any responsibility for the dire situation the team is in must all count against Benitez. The owner saw the abject failure in front of goal against Palace and Leicester; no goals scored, and, in the case of the latter game, a defeat assured the moment the team sheet was submitted. Don’t forget the storm of booing that greeted Benitez’s decision to withdraw Matt Ritchie at that game and the vastly increased numbers of fans who are starting to question the way the manager is going about his job. Many more are starting to see the validity in the “If Rafa stays I go” anti bullshit standpoint.

Wow!

The syntactical gymnastics (think I just made-up a phrase/concept!) in that article with everything themed toward a transparent anti-Benefiz agenda makes it laugahable. Yet I am guessing you are including it to validate your own anti-Benetiz agenda? Sorry, not just yours. Yours and the ‘vastly increased number of fans,’ (FFS  :lol:). Unless, of course,  you wrote it and are so proud that you feel the need to share more widely.

The syntactical gymnastics (think I just made-up a phrase/concept!) in that article with everything themed toward a transparent anti-Benefiz agenda makes it laugahable. Yet I am guessing you are including it to validate your own anti-Benetiz agenda? Sorry, not just yours. Yours and the ‘vastly increased number of fans,’ (FFS  :lol:). Unless, of course,  you wrote it and are so proud that you feel the need to share more widely.

Not mine unfortunately. Thought it a good read though.

So Bishop's next move is to get the fans to turn on Rafa, probably sack him before Christmas spend January looking for a new manager and then relegation and Mike adds another £30 million to his bill.....................Rinse and Repeat.

Biggest shower horseshit I’ve ever forced myself to read.

Not much in there that isn't close to hitting the nail on the head. What would you suggest was 'horseshit'? 10 games / no wins. Is it unreasonable to question Rafa? Pardew etc got fucking pelters for such runs. And the boo's at yesterdays substitution?

Not much in there that isn't close to hitting the nail on the head. What would you suggest was 'horseshit'? 10 games / no wins. Is it unreasonable to question Rafa? Pardew etc got fucking pelters for such runs. And the boo's at yesterdays substitution?

Rafa having any responsibility for the players in the squad is utter fucking horseshit. The owners regime and lack of funding is 100% the reason for the squad we have , and therefore hold full responsibility for the fact the manager cant pick a competitive team, and the 'dire situation the team is in.'

The same bloke that got us 10th last season, has had a poor start with a worse squad that has been forced to rent players off championship clubs but £27 million in the bank ? were you really expecting us to challenge the top 4 this season