Other clubs' transfers

Greg

I mean in terms of actually wanting to compete. It's all well and good our fans and manager wanting us to compete but as it is we have an owner that makes us a club that are just making up the numbers.

Apparently Fulham are lining up Willian Jose as an alternative to Mitrovic.  If Fulham end up getting Seri and Willian Jones, while we scramble around to get Rondon (who I don't actually think would be a terrible signing)..

Guest Howaythetoon

Dearly hope Wolves crash and burn. Dislikeable club and fans and that Mendes shenanigans also stinks.

Nah, it’s clubs like ours with owners like ours that that need to crash and burn and let clubs like Wolves who have ambition and want to do more than just survive take our place and the place of other clubs that stink the league out like us.

Richarlison could be a good move. Mental money though. If his form drops that could be half a season on the bench or below, but on potential that kid could be excellent.

Terrorised our defenders when we played Watford iirc.. did he get an assist too?

That was our worst performance under Rafa imo.

It was freezing and we were tragically s****.

They were a far superior team. Both times we played them. In fairness I think we changed things and got the measure of them in the second half of the last game we played them but credit where it’s due. Think of where that club was 10, 15 years ago..

The first game was as decisive as any loss we had all season.

Dearly hope Wolves crash and burn. Dislikeable club and fans and that Mendes shenanigans also stinks.

Nah, it’s clubs like ours with owners like ours that that need to crash and burn and let clubs like Wolves who have ambition and want to do more than just survive take our place and the place of other clubs that stink the league out like us.

Aye.  We are just a brand name and a big stadium.

We’ve a cunt owner, granted, but I wouldn’t say we stink the league out - certainly not under Rafa anyway. He’s the difference here through striving to make us competitive.

Presumably because they've missed out on Willian.

I'm glad we missed out on Willian, tbf. I mean, he can be class but he's 30 in a couple weeks, was always going to be a stopgap and a really expensive one.

Slightly worried that we're so obsessed on buying another winger, given what we spent on Dembelé.

Only 90s kids will remember Newcastle spending 10mil on players

We bought Murphy last year for £12M..

And Ritchie, Gayle, Wijnaldum, Mitrovic, Thauvin the seasons before that. Was just a little joke

The Richarlison fee is insane. He was only good at start of last season, proper faded after that.

Probably includes a goodwill fee for tapping up their manager. No more legal threats all of a sudden.

Really is high time there's some kind of transfer fee and salary cap brought in across the board. TV money is completely ruining the game for me.

£50m for Richarlison is bonkers.