Other clubs' transfers

Greg

Wolves and Fulham staying up. Dangerous times ahead for ourselves. Got to pray Brighton and Huddersfield suffer second season syndrome and finish below us as all the other teams are looking to compete.

Wey, so are Brighton and Huddersfield, but they are the most likely way we stay up right now.

Want to see Wolves' stadium expansion (the final two stages were abandoned, when they were last relegated) put back on track. Good luck to them, at least they're showing some ambition in the market. Hope they're able to stay up and build on it, even if it comes at the expense of our zombie club/Ashley's Sports Direct United

Re: Moutinho to Wolves, they're literally paying for a name there. He's way passed it, hasn't looked good for Monaco for a while now and could look truly awful in this league given the pace of it.

I wonder where FFP comes into play with them? They're putting all their eggs into one basket in hope of having a very successful season and becoming an established PL team for years to come. And if it fails? Owner fucks off after he's had his fun? Debt? Doesn't seem sustainable to me. Becoming an established Premier League team requires a lot more than spending big on players and cobbling together a team in hope of it working out. Great if it does, I'm all for the dominance of the top 6 sides in the league being less prevalent, but something tells me trouble awaits for this lot. Much prefer the Burnley approach myself.

Call me jealous, bitter or whatever, but this stuff doesn't tend to end well. Here to be proved wrong like, will be watching them attentively.

Read yesterday the Richarlison fee might be so high to keep Watford quiet about Everton's attempts to tap up Marco Silva

How much trouble would Everton be in Watford pursued the tapping up? Strikes me as something I'd expect them to pay a £3-4m in compo to Watford and it'd be over.

Re: Moutinho to Wolves, they're literally paying for a name there. He's way passed it, hasn't looked good for Monaco for a while now and could look truly awful in this league given the pace of it.

I wonder where FFP comes into play with them? They're putting all their eggs into one basket in hope of having a very successful season and becoming an established PL team for years to come. And if it fails? Owner fucks off after he's had his fun? Debt? Doesn't seem sustainable to me. Becoming an established Premier League team requires a lot more than spending big on players and cobbling together a team in hope of it working out. Great if it does, I'm all for the dominance of the top 6 sides in the league being less prevalent, but something tells me trouble awaits for this lot. Much prefer the Burnley approach myself.

Call me jealous, bitter or whatever, but this stuff doesn't tend to end well. Here to be proved wrong like, will be watching them attentively.

Ended pretty well for City and Chelsea.

If they survive the first season, they can easily not spend as much next year and bank the TV money.

If there’s a time to spend money, it’s after you get promoted because the rewards of surviving are substantial.

Fair play to Wolves. Can't recall any reason to particularly dislike them so if they're actually going to try and challenge in this league credit to them. The league as a whole is better for teams like Wolves than shithouse clubs like the state of ours right now.

Ended pretty well for City and Chelsea.

If they survive the first season, they can easily not spend as much next year and bank the TV money.

If there’s a time to spend money, it’s after you get promoted because the rewards of surviving are substantial.

Yep, fair points. There's just a weird vibe around this for me, and I'd be more inclined to liken them to a QPR (that season) than a City. I can just sense a bit of a disaster tbh, can't put my finger on exactly why.

Maybe this is what is called for nowadays though, and maybe you can't rely on good team cohesion and spirit carrying over from the prior season to stay in the league anymore (although we did it last season and Burnley have been progressing fantastically with those qualities at their core). Maybe fortunes need to spent and the big gamble that comes with that is the best bet for a team to survive in the league.

I hope that's not the case mind, because fwiw I really enjoyed watching us play last season for the sheer effort, heart and work rate, despite lacking in quality at times. If someone offered me a team that gives their all, or a team full of big players who may or may not bother to turn up each week, I'd go with the former all day long, and I'd love to see those values reign supreme. Maybe I'm naive.

Fair play to Wolves. Can't recall any reason to particularly dislike them so if they're actually going to try and challenge in this league credit to them. The league as a whole is better for teams like Wolves than shithouse clubs like the state of ours right now.

We're not a shithouse club like. Our fans are glorious, manager superb and players give a fuck about the team they play for. Our owner is shite, but the owner does not define what a club is perceived as, stands for or represents.

Think back to games against Arsenal and Man Utd last season and tell me more about our 'shithouse' club.