Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

8 now.  We have to spend in January.

Won't happen imo. Fat Sam will be needing every penny for the promotion push

Sherwood, midds. :lol: It'll be Sherwood.

10. We're fucking finished.

I know I said it last year (was not expecting that result against Man Utd which kicked us on) but can't see us being anywhere near staying up due to the simple fact the players we have up front will not get enough goals by a long shot. There is a Mexican stand-off due to the fact neither Ashley or Rafa want to pay up the contract and as a result Ashley will not give a manager he wants to see away the money to bring in players to get the goals required.

He will happily see the club relegated and see it as getting straight back up next year (his thinking done it twice not a problem) with a manager who he has more control of. He will then peddle out that he needs to put money into the club to keep it afloat and the southern press will agree. If Rafa did leave (he won't) I've got no doubt he may well put money in ala McClaren but not a chance if Rafa stays such is his pig headed and arrogant nature. Ultimately the only people who will lose out long term is the suppport (and the ones who go and do fuck all deserve it) as the club will be playing second fiddle yet again in the Championship. The situation currently is untenable as Ashley won't sell and Rafa will be long gone come the summer. As a result we will go down with possibly the record low number of points in this clubs history.

I honestly think that Ashley maybe in for a shock also as the Championship gets tougher each year. The brutality of it, is that either Ashley or Rafa will have to go for any chance of any money to be invested in time for January and even then it's probably going to be to late.

All the players know Rafa isn't going to stay.

Staying up with a below average quality squad is one thing. Make that squad demotivated and it's nigh on impossible.

Not be long now for some players to start looking for a new club, the rent boys will be looking for their next move. I don't like saying it but Rafa is helping nobody by staying in his post.

Not be long now for some players to start looking for a new club, the rent boys will be looking for their next move. I don't like saying it but Rafa is helping nobody by staying in his post.

By hanging on, he's probably winding Ashley up to the point where Ashley will have to act so thats fine with me.

All the players know Rafa isn't going to stay.

Staying up with a below average quality squad is one thing. Make that squad demotivated and it's nigh on impossible.

I hinted that in my post as I said unfortunately that is the situation we are in as this Mexican standoff is just untenable. Rafa in hindsight should have walked in the Summer as putting up with 4th or 5th choice selections has put the club backwards again. The club may have imploded as the sheep might have finally woke up to what is happening.

I hinted that in my post as I said unfortunately that is the situation we are in as this Mexican standoff is just untenable. Rafa in hindsight should have walked in the Summer as putting up with 4th or 5th choice selections has put the club backwards again. The club may have imploded as the sheep might have finally woke up to what is happening.

If Rafa had gone in the summer, Ashley would likely have backed which ever PFM he employed and we would probably have had enough to survive. That's exactly what we don't need.

In hanging on, Rafa is probably knowingly putting us right in the firing line for relegation and hence having the last laugh against Ashley.

If Rafa had gone in the summer, Ashley would likely have backed which ever PFM he employed and we would probably have had enough to survive. That's exactly what we don't need.

In hanging on, Rafa is probably knowingly putting us right in the firing line for relegation and hence having the last laugh against Ashley.

No fan wants to see us relegated and I still argue that if Rafa had left, it may have been the catalyst for the people who go to actually do something. Unless he gets a massive offer he is going nowhere and nobody will put in for a Championship club with the ball park figure he is wanting. If fans vote with their feet and I'm not talking just a couple of thousand he may finally do something. If this had happened in the Summer before season ticket sales had kicked in fully then the feel good factor from last year being burst may have had the necessary effect. It may also have resulted in Ashley putting his money into his back pocket to try and keep the manager. However come this Summer in the Championship I just don't think it will happen. By accepting the level of player we currently have just does not work,

No fan wants to see us relegated

I'm afraid I do.

While the Premier League TV money is coming into the club, Ashley is 100% guaranteed to stay.

I do believe that he will only consider selling if it's no longer awash with money. I don't expect it to happen immediately. It will take a number of years in the championship for it to happen but it's more likely to happen there, than in than in the premier league.

I'm afraid I do.

While the Premier League TV money is coming into the club, Ashley is 100% guaranteed to stay.

I do believe that he will only consider selling if it's no longer awash with money. I don't expect it to happen immediately. It will take a number of years in the championship for it to happen but it's more likely to happen there, than in than in the premier league.

Disagree don't think we will ever be sold in the Championship as the premiership gravy train is what investors want and also a club that is not a yo-yo one either - they will go for other clubs before coming here especially as Ashley won't lower his price by much if we do go down. Think the big opportunity was lost in the Summer and I still maintain he should have walked. Everyone has different opinions though and that is part of the problem also just no unity amongst the fans which was not the case 30 year ago. Different breed of supporter now.

Disagree don't think we will ever be sold in the Championship as the premiership gravy train is what investors want and also a club that is not a yo-yo one either - they will go for other clubs before coming here especially as Ashley won't lower his price by much if we do go down. Think the big opportunity was lost in the Summer and I still maintain he should have walked. Everyone has different opinions though and that is part of the problem also just no unity amongst the fans which was not the case 30 year ago. Different breed of supporter now.

You could very well be right about not being sold in the Championship. It's an unknown quantity as yet under Ashley as we've always bounced straight back.

As far as I am concerned, while we are in the Premier, it's guaranteed that he won't sell. In the Championship, I think there's more chance if we spend 2 years + down there (it maybe a small chance but it's slightly higher than if we are in the premier league). In League One, we are getting into the area where he may really decide to fuck off.

Definitely agree that there's no unity. If KK's recent revelations (confirmations of twattery) and being rock bottom of the league don't turn the majority against Ashley then we've got no chance.

I'm afraid I do.

Don't think it was any different 30 years ago mind. The 89-90 season, there was talk of boycotting all summer, about 2000 of us stayed away for the Leeds game (I watched a replay of the Burnley semi in the New Cannon, Low Fell), even less so for the Oldham game......a few wins and it really had all blown over. Same problem existed then, it was hard to stop people going.

We're going down. No doubt about it in my mind.

I don’t think it’s a certainty yet. There’s still a lot of dross down there which we’re one of.

However the rest of the dross are pulling in the same direction.

I'm afraid I do.

Don't think it was any different 30 years ago mind. The 89-90 season, there was talk of boycotting all summer, about 2000 of us stayed away for the Leeds game (I watched a replay of the Burnley semi in the New Cannon, Low Fell), even less so for the Oldham game......a few wins and it really had all blown over. Same problem existed then, it was hard to stop people going.

The crowds dropped over a period of time by a long way between the 70s and the 80s. I remember the Wrexham home game in 79 when there was a few thousand outside the ground and many more stayed away also. There was mass chants of sack the board at games during the 80s also. The crowds before keegan came back as manager were very poor. One thing the fans certainly made their point known unlike todays crowd. It wouldn't even be an issue if the fans going to the game were all giving Ashley stick but they don't - West Ham fans showed last season what happens when fans are united and trying to change things.

I'm afraid I do.

The crowds dropped over a period of time by a long way between the 70s and the 80s. I remember the Wrexham home game in 79 when there was a few thousand outside the ground and many more stayed away also. There was mass chants of sack the board at games during the 80s also. The crowds before keegan came back as manager were very poor. One thing the fans certainly made their point known unlike todays crowd. It wouldn't even be an issue if the fans going to the game were all giving Ashley stick but they don't - West Ham fans showed last season what happens when fans are united and trying to change things.

Crowds were down in general in football, due to poor stadia and violence at matches, most people stopped going when we were dying on our arses in the 2nd division. There were plenty of sack the board chants admittedly, but it was still only relatively small numbers who protested round the back of the West Stand after matches.....and although it got lively back then, you're not going to see people carrying on like that due to CCTV etc. sadly.

As for West Ham fans being united, all I saw was a few radgies running on the pitch who ended up with life time bans, I certainly don't think it was an organised thing.

Didnt Palace lose first 7 games last season? They still finished 11th. Much better squad than our current one admittedly but we’ve not really had a run of winnable games all season. Played alright on saturday just nothing up top. I think we’ll know more either way closer to December.