Transfer rumours

Yorkie

Would be 3 good additions, why shouldn't they vote yes? Coupled with Ki, Dubravka & Kenedy that's a good group of players. Not allowed to be happy like?

I wouldn't be panicking about the season anymore but it's still a pisstake. Reason being is we've got a manager we can really kick on with and build and we actively don't want to; pissing about with his top targets (Pléa) and not releasing the funds for other areas. Those 3 signings I'd have but only because we're in such a dire predicament in the window.

Yep true enough. It's probably time people stop going into transfer windows expecting big signings like Plea mind, it's not happening while Ashley is here, we know this. I'm happy with the players Rafa has identified as 2nd/3rd choices, I think the signings of Ki & Rondon if it goes through will be particularly astute. I get the frustration, but what I don't get is why people continue to build up what is now an unrealistic expectation going into windows and then flap about pissed off when their imaginary transfer window doesn't materialise. I'm just looking forward to seeing what Rafa can get out of this group of players again tbh, I loved watching the team again last season. Not sure what awaits us beyond that, but I'm not going to concern myself with that at present.

Was Pléa much of a big signing though? I hadn't heard of him before the link and £22m isn't much in today's market. We did bid £20m, BMG came in with £2m extra and that was that, that's what pissed me off about it. A measly £2m extra allowed a midtable Bundesliga club to beat us to him. Really irks me. And the choices this window have been better than last season's summer, fair enough but it's not the first choices. I don't think expecting the club to back Rafa Benitez and get his first choice targets is unrealistic. It is for this regime, yes, but that's the frustrating thing. Not so much people demanding we throw £20m here and £30m there.

I read we bid more and he simply wanted to move to Germany and Nice didn't get in his way. Depends what you believe mind, it's all just talk, no evidence - apart from the fact he's their player now.

Both Murphy and Joselu would be horrific at ten. Awful.

Think Kenedy would play there before Murphy. Atsu and Ayoze played well together vs Stoke last season in a number 10/ striker partnership

Jesus Christ how on earth are people voting yes to be happy at that. Them 3 would be absolutely insulting and embarrassing to any genuine football fan in the know.

How on earth can we be expected to survive this year with bottom feeding transfers. I can't think of 3 worse than us as it stands

Jesus Christ how on earth are people voting yes to be happy at that. Them 3 would be absolutely insulting and embarrassing to any genuine football fan in the know.

How on earth can we be expected to survive this year with bottom feeding transfers. I can't think of 3 worse than us as it stands

Now, whilst what you say is probably accurate, the fact that you're easily the most negative poster on here (sorry Crumpy) means I might take it with a pinch of salt.

Guest chopey

I would be fairly happy with them, I would have liked a signature signing though but I think I'm more concerned at losing players after the window shuts.

Now, whilst what you say is probably accurate, the fact that you're easily the most negative poster on here (sorry Crumpy) means I might take it with a pinch of salt.

Realistic rather than negative I'd say. It's just very concerning that we now face the real prospect of a 3rd relegation under this cunts tenure. That will be 1 less than we've previously had in our history before this chump rocked up

And in this era there are still people voting yes in polls that they are happy with us signing utter utter shit like these 3 whilst other teams in the league are trying their utmost to compete and grow the club

What is wrong with people man what has some of our fans become why is apathy just considered normal

We finished 10th with pretty much the same squad. Cardiff, Huddersfield and Bournemouth are 3 worse than us off the top of my head. Southampton, Fulham, Brighton, Palace and Watford aren't much better if at all.

We finished 10th with pretty much the same squad. Cardiff, Huddersfield and Bournemouth are 3 worse than us off the top of my head. Southampton, Fulham, Brighton, Palace and Watford aren't much better if at all.

This 10th place gives off false senses of security we finished 10th on 44 fucking points man it's not as if it was a good mid table season on 50-60 points. We lost 1 less game than the team that finished bottom and Huddersfield Southampton and Fulham have strengthened. Our squad depth is crap and our ability to score goals is a huge concern.

As Rafa has even said this season will be even more difficult than last to hit that 40 point mark

You've just given 8 teams there that you think we are better equipped than I beg to differ

This 10th place gives off false senses of security we finished 10th on 44 fucking points man it's not as if it was a good mid table season on 50-60 points. We lost 1 less game than the team that finished bottom and Huddersfield Southampton and Fulham have strengthened. Our squad depth is crap and our ability to score goals is a huge concern.

As Rafa has even said this season will be even more difficult than last to hit that 40 point mark

You've just given 8 teams there that you think we are better equipped than I beg to differ

Every season is more difficult than the last. I said we were definitely better than 3 and on par with or better than a further 5. If you think we have the worst team in the league then you're just being ridiculous.

With Pardew, Carver or McClaren in charge I'd be shitting it, instead I think we'll finish around 15th if we don't lose any first teamers (which is looking very likely).

Every season is more difficult than the last. I said we were definitely better than 3 and on par with or better than a further 5. If you think we have the worst team in the league then you're just being ridiculous.

With Pardew, Carver or McClaren in charge I'd be shitting it, instead I think we'll finish around 15th if we don't lose any first teamers (which is looking very likely).

Agree with Spaceman. We definitely don't have the worst team in the league, not even close imo. There's easily a few worse off and a considerable number are about on par with us as said. Would even add Wolves to that list, nothing to say they have a better team than us. In fact I'd take ours on paper.

I don't think we have the worst team In the league but it is a much of muchness between 8 sides or so and that was evident in the 3 that went down last year Come kick off time we will see how better equipped everyone is but I don't hold out much confidence in us having what's needed to have a stress free and panic stations  year

We have one of the best managers in the league who makes the squad we have got competitive.

The one major investment that needed to be made, from a business and football perspective, was getting Rafa signed up to a long term deal. The fat cunt instead wants to play Billy big bollocks and show he won’t be dictated to.

Guest firetotheworks

We have one of the best managers in the league who makes the squad we have got competitive.

The one major investment that needed to be made, from a business and football perspective, was getting Rafa signed up to a long term deal. The fat cunt instead wants to play Billy big bollocks and show he won’t be dictated to.

That sort of suggestion should be laughable as well, but it's actually the truth of it.

Cheap/shit manager? - Buy some players.

Expensive/good manager? - No players required.

The more I come into this thread and the Ashley thread, the more pissed off I get.

Realistic rather than negative I'd say. It's just very concerning that we now face the real prospect of a 3rd relegation under this cunts tenure. That will be 1 less than we've previously had in our history before this chump rocked up

And in this era there are still people voting yes in polls that they are happy with us signing utter utter shit like these 3 whilst other teams in the league are trying their utmost to compete and grow the club

What is wrong with people man what has some of our fans become why is apathy just considered normal

Well you were spot on last season tbf with the Spanish Tony Pulis 100% taking us down and judging after the 2nd game of the season that the team would be unable to win 10 games.

Well you were spot on last season tbf with the Spanish Tony Pulis 100% taking us down and judging after the 2nd game of the season that the team would be unable to win 10 games.

We all make judgemental errors in the heat of the moment. Don't get me wrong some of the football we play at times is Turgid but it is what it is. I'd gladly take winning 10 games this coming season now by the way