The unpopular football opinion thread

Deuce

:lol: It's effective though, isn't it?  Players would shuffle forward previously and can't do so now.

It did cross my mind though, have there been any goals directly from FKs yet?!

None.

I don't think it is an issue to being with, frankly. It is not as if the referee actually takes out his utensils or his laser and measures out exactly ten yards. It has always been the referee just arbitrarily lining the players up and watching that they don't move too much.  What will happen if the players are only 9.3 yards away from the ball? Will people die? No. Just line the players up and book them if they move too much. You don't need to leave your rubbish all about the pitch.

:lol: :lol:

I love the spray, me. :lol: Also, my girlfriend hates football but I've managed to get her interested in the spray, national anthems and good looking footballers to increase her tolerance and allow me to watch more football.  Next up - whose strip do you think is the nicest, pet?  Should give me another few days.

That's brilliant :lol:

:lol: I'm truly amazed how well it's going. 

Think she's getting in after 8 so will miss the national anthems, thankfully France have a nice strip and a few lookers which should keep the conversation flowing.  She said Neymar was fit the other day and I told her he looked like a disgusting rodent, which she soon concurred with after consulting Google Images.

The spray is great, it pisses me off players taking freekicks yards away from where a foul took place. I remember Drogba scoring a freekick against us, the foul was out wide, but he chose to take it from the corner of the box, it pissed me off badly.

:lol: It's effective though, isn't it?  Players would shuffle forward previously and can't do so now.

None.

I don't think it is an issue to being with, frankly. It is not as if the referee actually takes out his utensils or his laser and measures out exactly ten yards. It has always been the referee just arbitrarily lining the players up and watching that they don't move too much.  What will happen if the players are only 9.3 yards away from the ball? Will people die? No. Just line the players up and book them if they move too much. You don't need to leave your rubbish all about the pitch.

I love the spray, me. :lol: Also, my girlfriend hates football but I've managed to get her interested in the spray, national anthems and good looking footballers to increase her tolerance and allow me to watch more football.  Next up - whose strip do you think is the nicest, pet?  Should give me another few days.

Think she's getting in after 8 so will miss the national anthems, thankfully France have a nice strip and a few lookers which should keep the conversation flowing.  She said Neymar was fit the other day and I told her he looked like a disgusting rodent, which she soon concurred with after consulting Google Images.

A lot of fancy haircuts and tattoo's on the French team.

None.

:kurt:

None.

...but they never do book them if they move too much. Players repeatedly encroached. The line works. It also means refs are more likely to pace the distance out, which I think they should always do anyway.

None.

What's her opinion on Paletta's hair?

She fucking loves "BRAZEEEEEEEEEEEEEL" as well. :lol:

Throw a retrospective curveball and introduce her to her MAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO AFREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEKAAAAAA

England need to play to their strengths - athletic, hard working and devoid of creativity. Wingers who pop in crosses from the bylines, a defence that sits deep with full backs that never push on, and just leave the front 6 to counter as a unit every time. Carroll + Lambert up front, find a spot for Barkley. Kick 2 shits out of every opposing team player. Get Vinnie in as an assistant coach. No-one can do this better than us.

Guest TruToon94

Argentina are shit. Easier groups than Columbia had yet letting in tons of goals. Will be out at Quarters.

Guest neesy111

Argentina are shit. Easier groups than Columbia had yet letting in tons of goals. Will be out at Quarters.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Rare, even in this day and age of shit posters, for someone to post so much constant hyperbolic drivel.

That has me giggling, the in this day and age bit. Oh how we yearn for the halcyon days eh Discotheque Desmond?

Firstly even if they were s***, group performances mean absolutely f*ck all.

Plus their route to the Semi-finals are as weak as anyone's, they will get to the semi-finals at a bare minimum.

Belgium, US, Ghana, and Portugal would all be fairly difficult quarterfinal matches, tbf.