The unpopular football opinion thread

Deuce

Cisse is s*** (currently).

He needs service, he got it when he arrived and grew in confidence.

Get back to that or bench him, because he's offering nothing to the team at the moment.

there was plenty of times last season when he got good service and missed chances which he should be scoring and outside the box he is pointless

Guest bimpy474

Get back to that or bench him, because he's offering nothing to the team at the moment.

He cant control the fucking thing, service or no service. He looks like a park player at the moment. I want the old Pappy back :(

He cant control the f***ing thing, service or no service. He looks like a park player at the moment. I want the old Pappy back :(

Have to agree, honestly if this shit continues as soon as Remy is back i'd drop him.

I think the Premier League is as weak now as it ever has been.

I dont think Debuchy will cut it (from the early evidence).

I think Sissoko has zero technical ability and is the kind of footballer I hate to watch.

Bumpety bump bump RE: Debuchy. Hopeless.

Congrats.

I'm not happy about it, the bloke has talent. But he's along way from showing it.

I like Sissoko but he needs more creative players around him and less of an creative role.

Both he and Tiote get on the ball far too much because we have no creative players at all.

I could deal with just Sissoko as long as he has passers around him but him and Tiote with no passers is just disgusting to watch.

Yep. Neither where terrible individually compared to the others but yeah.. painful stuff at times. Technically, Sissoko's no better than Tiote.

Guest VanBarduck

I'm about to drop a bomb here.

Black footballer with natural, elegant technique, great vision and football intelligence are a rare commodity.

That has nothing to do with race or any of this genes bullshit you may heard in athletics. It's more of a cultural thing, and we also have to blame our football educator who marginalize, reduce, stigmatize them to big number 6 in front of the defence or big strong winger/striker.

Such mentality doesn't exist in Spain or Holland, that's why they were able to produce or improve players like Eto'o, Yaya Touré, Makélélé,Seedorf Rijkaard, E.Davids,Gullit etc..

Look what Obi Mikel, Essien have become...

The Graham Carr experiment has failed; and most the players he has scouted for us have failed to live up to their hype, bill and own potential. Blame: themselves and the shit manager who has not set them up for success.

I'm about to drop a bomb here.

Black footballer with natural, elegant technique, great vision and football intelligence are a rare commodity.

That has nothing to do with race or any of this genes bullshit you may heard in athletics. It's more of a cultural thing, and we also have to blame our football educator who marginalize, reduce, stigmatize them to big number 6 in front of the defence or big strong winger/striker.

Such mentality doesn't exist in Spain or Holland, that's why they were able to produce or improve players like Eto'o, Yaya Touré, Makélélé,Seedorf Rijkaard, E.Davids,Gullit etc..

Look what Obi Mikel, Essien have become...

Without touching the other statements in your post, Makelele was 25 when he moved to Spain and Yaya 24. Yaya started to score when he moved to England. And I find it hard to praise Real Madrid and Mallorca for not making Eto'o a defensive midfielder.

I find your research and arguments possibly a bit lacking.

The Graham Carr experiment has failed; and most the players he has scouted for us have failed to live up to their hype, bill and own potential. Blame: themselves and the s*** manager who has not set them up for success.

Wouldn't say it has failed but it definitely is very very flawed and limited approach to recruitment.

Carr has found quality players but we've gone too far with it. Should've been done in moderation, mixed in with some domestic buys.

This stands out even more because of the unnecessary off-pitch disasters and Ashley vs Pardew tug of war. :(

The problem is the team is unbalanced.

The midfield is gash, don't care what anyone says. Little to no creativity, no width, a striker who looks like wind could knock him over and many more problems.

Doesn't help when half of our so called better players are not performing.

For example Tiote, Jonas, Taylor and Cisse have been crap for ages and Debuchy has been poor also although he could improve with time.

Carr has found quality players but we've gone too far with it. Should've been done in moderation, mixed in with some domestic buys.

This stands out even more because of the unnecessary off-pitch disasters and Ashley vs Pardew tug of war. :(

Much better than what I said, and I agree with that. Spot on really.

My calling it a failed experiment is that we turned it into our only buying policy and that has failed.

Guest neesy111

Much better than what I said, and I agree with that. Spot on really.

My calling it a failed experiment is that we turned it into our only buying policy and that has failed.

The problem with it is that we won't buy most of his recommendations as well.  Got to wonder who we'd be buying if we were spending i.e. like Southampton.

It doesn't even have to be domestic buys necessarily, but we desperately need to look anywhere but France. We've invested 100% of our scouting energy there solely because those players can be had for dirt cheap and have potential re-sale value.

I also think that Carr's somewhat failed in determining how suitable these players are for a different tempo and physical intensity of football. It's pretty bloody easy to spot who's good within their comfort zone and contractually vulnerable.