The unpopular football opinion thread

Deuce

Carragher put in some fantastic performances for L'pool when they had those 5 or so season when they did very well in that competition.

Just as much as he and John Terry are over-rated in the media. They are under-rated in some sectors. For example, John Terry is slow and brutish but he is a good footballer who is comfortable with the ball at his feet.

I would say that fans that actually go to matches, love those types of defenders. Armchair pundits - not so much.

Carragher was a utility defender that was given a position (cb) he excelled in maybe a little too late.

Terry is a fantastic premier league defender, he just doesn't suit European or international football as well.

Rio and Woodgate (and even King tbh) were just class defenders, plonk them in any league/tournament and they would do equally well.

Guest firetotheworks

In this very moment I'd prefer to watch Arsenal with Suarez than for Suarez to leave the Premier league.

I imagine my stance will change massively after about 20 minutes of his first match at Arsenal.

In this very moment I'd prefer to watch Arsenal with Suarez than for Suarez to leave the Premier league.

I imagine my stance will change massively after about 20 minutes of his first match at Arsenal.

I really can't make up my mind about the Suarez thing. On the one hand, he's a total cunt so hopefully people will learn to hate Arsenal a bit more, it will piss off Liverpool no end and he's missing a few games. On the other, he's really good and I don't want good players at Arsenal, obviously.

I really can't make up my mind about the Suarez thing. On the one hand, he's a total cunt so hopefully people will learn to hate Arsenal a bit more, it will piss off Liverpool no end and he's missing a few games. On the other, he's really good and I don't want good players at Arsenal, obviously.

Just think about the fact they are spending £40m on a player who everyone hates and is likely to be suspended a hell of a lot. They could spend the money better elsewhere imo so if they are going to spend it this is probably the best scenario for you lot :)

Hate the formation talk on the forum. Especially because we have never played a 4-3-3 with Pardew. I like to talk tactics but the constant formations being put up is tiresome

Its more about trying to explain positions than actual formations, its just a lot easier to portray what i'm trying to say in formations than in a paragraph of words.

We won't be playing 433 this season anyway that much is obvious and i have accepted it, which is why when i talk about it i only talk about a 442 or 4231 because that's what we are going to see whether we like it or not.

You say that, but do you not enjoy a bit of controversy? Obviously he's a cunt. However, I can't pretend all the chaos didn't make for interesting discussion. I have the same feeling about goal-line technology but, having been on the losing end of it with us a few times, I'm for that.

You say that, but do you not enjoy a bit of controversy? Obviously he's a cunt. However, I can't pretend all the chaos didn't make for interesting discussion. I have the same feeling about goal-line technology but, having been on the losing end of it with us a few times, I'm for that.

I enjoy controversy if it's fairly normal within the game, but I hate people acting like cunts. Diving, whinging, racisming. Spoils MOTD most weeks IMO, hate the guy so much.

I enjoy controversy if it's fairly normal within the game, but I hate people acting like cunts. Diving, whinging, racisming. Spoils MOTD most weeks IMO, hate the guy so much.

:thup:

Aye you like a bit of entertainment, plus he's one of the best players in the World. I only want him out of the country when he's doing damage to us with his ability, the cunt.

100% this. I hate the cunt but love watching him unless he's taking Colo to the cleaners a la Anfield last season.

I want Suarez to stay because he's both a brilliant player and a lunatic. It's the perfect combination for a footballer.

:thup: Mata aside he's probably my go to player to watch in the PL aside from our dross.