The unpopular football opinion thread

Deuce

Woodgate never had the desire the others had to be a top level footballer. There's absolutely nothing he was better at than Rio, either.

Doubt it was anything to do with desire, it was everything to do with injuries.

And a lifestyle of getting pissed and not looking after himself properly.

I don't really know much about that, or whether it affected his football.

Woodgate never had the desire the others had to be a top level footballer. There's absolutely nothing he was better at than Rio, either.

Dude, I saw the way Woodgate conducted himself when I lived in Boro and spoke to a dozen people who grew up with the lad. Everything I saw and heard screamed utter small-time cunt who's natural talent would've been far better used by 95% of the population. Absolute waste.

Dude, I saw the way Woodgate conducted himself when I lived in Boro and spoke to a dozen people who grew up with the lad. Everything I saw and heard screamed utter small-time cunt who's natural talent would've been far better used by 95% of the population. Absolute waste.

I'll bow to your superior knowledge. Like I say, I don't know much about his private life or whether it contributed to his lack of fitness or was just made worse by frustration over always being injured.

Weeks after signing for fucking Real Madrid he was in a dive pub in Boro that I wouldn't have been seen dead in on my lowest day, smashing pint glasses over his head and burning £20 notes in front of incontinent old men.

Weeks after signing for f***ing Real Madrid he was in a dive pub in Boro that I wouldn't have been seen dead in on my lowest day, smashing pint glasses over his head and burning £20 notes in front of incontinent old men.

Glassing himself? Jesus :lol:

Weeks after signing for f***ing Real Madrid he was in a dive pub in Boro that I wouldn't have been seen dead in on my lowest day, smashing pint glasses over his head and burning £20 notes in front of incontinent old men.

http://www.memecreator.com/static/images/memes/218035.jpg

Guest neesy111

He did that when he was at NUFC while on holiday, was in the Daily Star front page.

Weeks after signing for fucking Real Madrid he was in a dive pub in Boro that I wouldn't have been seen dead in on my lowest day, smashing pint glasses over his head and burning £20 notes in front of incontinent old men.

I don't get it? so you were there or you weren't?

Hate the formation talk on the forum. Especially because we have never played a 4-3-3 with Pardew. I like to talk tactics but the constant formations being put up is tiresome

What did we play with Ba, Ben Arfa & Cisse? It was certainly advertised on teamsheets and through the official twitter as a 4-3-3.

Hate the formation talk on the forum. Especially because we have never played a 4-3-3 with Pardew. I like to talk tactics but the constant formations being put up is tiresome

What did we play with Ba, Ben Arfa & Cisse? It was certainly advertised on teamsheets and through the official twitter as a 4-3-3.

The problem with the terminology is it implies that the team is operating in straight lines across the pitch. It's only the back four, and to a lesser extent the midfield when defending, that do that.

When attacking, a team has to get out of the straitjacket of straight lines.

4-2-3-1

Cabaye barely had to track back and get goal-side when the other team had the ball.

4-2-3-1

Cabaye barely had to track back and get goal-side when the other team had the ball.

Don't agree with that given that Ben Arfa was told to track back as much as anyone.

Also playing a midfield 3 against a 2 you can always sort out which one of the 3 is able to 'cheat' as such and have little to no defensive responsibility.

He did that when he was at NUFC while on holiday, was in the Daily Star front page.

Such a shame with Woodgate. Happens all the time in sport - players with so much talent but absolute 0 sense to make something of it or look about themselves to show for the opportunity and skill that people absolutely dream about. Pisses me off.

I'll just say Rio > Sol and leave it there. None of the other in the list are fit enough talent wise or played enough to prove that wrong. But will note that Sol at his best wasn't far off Rio in my opinion.

I know someone who was in the same Leeds youth team as Woodgate and some of the stories would definitely question his attitude.

Walking into bars and casually taking your nob out while drinking away isn't normal behaviour.