The unpopular football opinion thread

Deuce

Colo didn't have much luck with his Bicycle kicks last season, did his back in with that one at the corner flag too. Was a glorious moment though  :memeyeah:

how ? he gave the ball directly to an opponent about 25yds out.

Going towards a TV collective agreement would solve very few problems of Spanish football.

It would cut down both Real Madrid and Barcelona to size (they'd still far above the other clubs in revenue, though), but the actual difference in other clubs' bottom lines would be pretty small.

Going towards a TV collective agreement would solve very few problems of Spanish football.

It would cut down both Real Madrid and Barcelona to size (they'd still far above the other clubs in revenue, though), but the actual difference in other clubs' bottom lines would be pretty small.

how come ?

Ignore the club I am a fan of in this issue.

Thing is that if we equalized the TV receipts, it would only be an average windfall of around €10m for each club, even less if Liga Adelante clubs get part of that money too (they are part of La Liga and would need to approve any deal). Atlético and Valencia would lose money, actually, as their own contracts are over the average.

Overarching issue is awful revenue generation across the board. Spanish clubs outside Barça and Madrid are extremely insular and barely have any following outside their natural catchment areas. They are still trapped in the 1980s in many areas.

Thing is that if we equalized the TV receipts, it would only be an average windfall of around €10m for each club, even less if Liga Adelante clubs get part of that money too (they are part of La Liga and would need to approve any deal). Atlético and Valencia would lose money, actually, as their own contracts are over the average.

Overarching issue is awful revenue generation across the board.

any tables on how much tv money gets paid to each club ? and how much they'd get if it were evenly distributed ?

Aye it's not a solution, I say just give barcalona and real madrid their own minileague where they can play each other again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again

and then the rest of the league will improve now there's actual competition to win it

:troll:

any tables on how much tv money gets paid to each club ? and how much they'd get if it were evenly distributed ?

Awful quality, but the best I've found:

http://img854.imageshack.us/img854/9403/j1i.jpg

It averages to €30m with equal distribution.

As I said, Barça and Madrid would be brought down two or three notches, but those extra €18m per year would make very little difference to Racing's €150m+ debt for example. And Atlético and Valencia would be even worse off.

I was massively disappointed Wigan went down. They were one of the best teams in the PL too watch. I also like Dave Whelan, even though he is a moron his heart couldn't be more in the right place.

Awful quality, but the best I've found:

http://img854.imageshack.us/img854/9403/j1i.jpg

It averages to €30m with equal distribution.

As I said, Barça and Madrid would be brought down two or three notches, but those extra €18m per year would make very little difference to Racing's €150m+ debt for example. And Atlético and Valencia would be even worse off.

could go either of two ways, the league gets more competitive and real, barce can't just hoover up the talent which could increase revenues for the others, or because barce, real aren't the two biggest clubs in the world anymore so no one gives a toss about the league anymore and the arse drops out of it.

as a fan who possibly wouldn't support one of those two if I was in spain i'd be willing to take the risk.

Thing is that even with their comparatively s*** TV revenues, TV income is actually a *bigger* part of those clubs' budgets than it is for Barça and Madrid.

For example Espanyol's current TV contract is 23 million, their non-TV revenue rises up to 27m. Barça's TV contract is 140 million and non-TV revenue in excess of 300 million (just going off google).

I'm fine with us going towards a more equitable distribution, but it is often used as a smokescreen to hide that most of La Liga clubs are awfully run.

Thing is that even with their comparatively s*** TV revenues, TV income is actually a *bigger* part of those clubs' budgets than it is for Barça and Madrid.

For example Espanyol's current TV contract is 23 million, their non-TV revenue rises up to 27m. Barça's TV contract is 140 million and non-TV revenue in excess of 300 million (just going off google).

I'm fine with us going towards a more equitable distribution, but it is often used as a smokescreen to hide that most of La Liga clubs are awfully run.

isn't some of that down to the idea that it's easier to make money if you have money to start with ?

I couldn't give a shit about almost all of our current players. They're just complete strangers compared to not even that long ago.

The endless analysis of formations etc is incredibly boring and achieves nothing. Football is chaos, embrace it.

I much preferred Shepherd's " :yao: " approach to Ashley's "erm no" approach. I couldn't care less about our finances the same as most other clubs don't.

I want Sunderland to be in whatever league we're in. There's already too many emotionless matches without losing another 2.

England needs Kevin Nolan and a few more players of his ilk. Their squad is like our atm, all talk and no end product.

I enjoy watching the Championship a lot more than the Premier League, sure the quality may be lower but hell at least most sides honestly have something to play for and its a more competitive competition unlike the Prem where beyond Man Utd, City and Chelsea what the hell are the rest of the sides doing other than making up the numbers.

I miss Freddie Shepherd/John Hall. Deep down I wish they never sold us and wish they'd have found a resolution on our debt issues and found a way to restructure and move us forward.

I want Sunderland to be in whatever league we're in. There's already too many emotionless matches without losing another 2.

You can talk absolute horseshite at times, but this is a brilliant one.