The unpopular football opinion thread

Deuce

Darren Ambrose was mint. If it wasn't for injuries he would've had a decent top flight career.

Well, maybe it wasn't the fault of just injuries, as I don't know how mentally strong he really is. Either way, he should have done better.

I think Cleverley is a good player who is going to get better

I don't think the Sir Bobby Robson statue is very good, doesn't look like him

I liked Scott Parker, thought he was a good player for us and it was a mistake selling him

Glenn Roeder was a decent manager for us overall

:yao:

Just to add some depth to that point, the scale goes like this, with some examples

Proper Shite - Dalglish, Allardyce, Souness

Shite - Gullit

Decent - Roeder

Good - Hughton

Very Good -

Great - Keegan, SBR

Guest bimpy474

While i dont agree with the rulings, i think there pathetic and killjoy-ish.

I have no sympathy whatsoever with players that remove their shirt or run into the crowd, it's not as if the players arent aware of them before the game starts.

I have no sympathy whatsoever with players that remove their shirt or run into the crowd, it's not as if the players arent aware of them before the game starts.

Agree with all of that, ridiculous rule but they know for a fact they are getting a yellow if they do it. Would be really pissed off if one of ours missed an important game through suspension because of it.

Guest bimpy474

Agree with all of that, ridiculous rule but they know for a fact they are getting a yellow if they do it. Would be really pissed off if one of ours missed an important game through suspension because of it.

And i would blame the player who got himself booked for it. It really is one of those rules that are dreamed up by people who never played, never scored a goal, who have no idea what it feels like. No lie this but i'm supposed to book kids who do it in Junior soccer, just ridiculous. But rules are rules and professionals know them better than most.

And i would blame the player who got himself booked for it. It really is one of those rules that are dreamed up by people who never played, never scored a goal, who have no idea what it feels like. No lie this but i'm supposed to book kids who do it in Junior soccer, just ridiculous. But rules are rules and professionals know them better than most.

Deemed incitement or something isn't it? Supposed they had to take action after all those riots it has caused in the past  ???

If you're over the age of 16, playing football/sport is the only acceptable scenario to be wearing replica shirts in public. You look like even more of a twat if you wear one on top of a jumper/jacket just so people can see it.

I'm in the office right now wearing a football top because it's thin and nice to wear when it's warm.

If you're over the age of 16, playing football/sport is the only acceptable scenario to be wearing replica shirts in public. You look like even more of a twat if you wear one on top of a jumper/jacket just so people can see it.

I'm in the office right now wearing a football top because it's thin and nice to wear when it's warm.

I wear my Newcastle shirt on some dress down days. It's a sports top like any other, it doesn't make me a 12 year old just because it has my teams badge on it.

Wearing the shorts, socks, shin pads and astroturf boots is probably taking it a bit far mind.

I miss Keys and Grey.

Same here.

Also on commentary, I still get goosebumps when I see Aguero's title-winner against QPR. Just an amazing moment, the perfect way to win the league.

I miss Keys/Grey also. Especially Grey, as I feel Sky have had awful commentators since.

When Tyler & Grey were on commentary it gave the game a 'big match' feel, and got you right in the mood to watch a class game of football.

Guest bimpy474

Deemed incitement or something isn't it? Supposed they had to take action after all those riots it has caused in the past  ???

The going in the crowd one i get, people rushing forward and the crushing that could take place. Even that's unlikely because of seating now anyway. But i can get my head around that one.

Removing your shirt is regarded as unsporting conduct, which is just ridiculous.

Guest bimpy474

I wear my Newcastle shirt on some dress down days. It's a sports top like any other, it doesn't make me a 12 year old just because it has my teams badge on it.

Wearing the shorts, socks, shin pads and astroturf boots is probably taking it a bit far mind.

Full kit wanker ? :lol:

Goal celebrations are a matter of convention, as much as anything. Speaking as an old fogey, before a certain point in time, nobody removed their shirt. Now it seems to be a compulsion that they struggle to resist.

FFS keep your shirts on. Stripping off makes you look a bit daft, and dafter still when everyone knows you'll get booked for it.

Guest bimpy474

Goal celebrations are a matter of convention, as much as anything. Speaking as an old fogey, before a certain point in time, nobody removed their shirt. Now it seems to be a compulsion that they struggle to resist.

FFS keep your shirts on. Stripping off makes you look a bit daft, and dafter still when everyone knows you'll get booked for it.

Yep, i've no sympathy but i think it's a bit of a daft thing to get booked for. See this is where you need a another card, not as harsh as a yellow. Maybe a warning from the ref, i just think a yellow is excessive. But like i say i've zero sympathy if it happens during a game.

I'm wearing the orange one from 11/12 because I thought I might wake up and immediately go for a run. I didn't. :yao:

Guest bimpy474

I thought taking your shirt off was basically made an offence due to pressure from advertisers losing valuable exposure when their shirts were on the floor etc.

No it was something to do some muslim countries who found revealing a bare chest offensive from what i remember, Obviously with games being shown worldwide.

Guest bimpy474

Thought it stemmed back to Forlan doing it and not being able to put it back on when kits with inner layers were the rage.

It's probably a bit of everything, what you and Jim just said as well no doubt, still stinks of a killjoy non footballers in an office thinking it's a good idea.