The unpopular football opinion thread

Deuce

Cisse crap.

Colo crap.

Santon crap.

Who isn't crap?

Krul. None of the above are crap either.

He was alright in the first month or so. Crap for the rest of it.

Don't think I need to dig up those Cisse posts with his lack of aerial defending ability.

Cisse crap.

Colo crap.

Santon crap.

Who isn't crap?

Krul. None of the above are crap either.

He was alright in the first month or so. Crap for the rest of it.

Don't think I need to dig up those Cisse posts with his lack of aerial defending ability.

Watch Man Utd. defend a corner. RVP heads out at least 40% of corners, at the near post. Drogba did the same. Carroll was excellent at it. Cisse? Hopeless. It's going into the heart of our defence.

He's far from a hopeless defender.

His issue is his positional sense which as of right now is very poor i agree.

And to say he was our worse player is laughable, he was arguably our best in the first half and there was worse in the 2nd half despite his performances taking a nose dive.

Also no defenders are going to look good consistently with how we played last year, we were asking for trouble.

He's far from a hopeless defender.

His issue is his positional sense which as of right now is very poor i agree.

And to say he was our worse player is laughable, he was arguably our best in the first half and there was worse in the 2nd half despite his performances taking a nose dive.

Also no defenders are going to look good consistently with how we played last year, we were asking for trouble.

Hopeless? No. But he was poor last season. Worse than Simpson.

Agree with point two.

Nah he was as bad as anyone at the start and probably the worst for a large period.

Your last point is true.

Aye, we sign strikers to defend corners. Then we complain every one of our players is in our own half.

That 40% from RvP, where did you get that from anyway?

Watch them play. Nobody remembers Didier at the front post?

Are all strikers built like Drogba though? It's a bonus if they do but it's clearly weird you expect it to come from every striker. Messi must be crap since he can't defend a corner too.

Aye, we sign strikers to defend corners. Then we complain every one of our players is in our own half.

That 40% from RvP, where did you get that from anyway?

Watch them play. Nobody remembers Didier at the front post?

Shearer did it as well, I'm not sure it should be used as a stick to beat Cisse with though.

Guest icemanblue

Well go and tell Joe, will you?! It might not be too late!

Fancy leaving that til now, though. Jeez Louise.

I just used it as an example of how limited Cisse is. Apart from goals, what does he offer a team?

And now we are bringing in a big lad, who can hold it up a bit (by the looks of it). And a pacy striker that can stretch the opposition.

None of this would matter if Cisse scored 25 goals though.

Cleverly is mega average really. Never should be an International footballer in a million years. Shows how shit this England era is. And Carrick whilst a good player, lacks pace.  As was shown in the last World Cup.

Aye, Carrick lacks pace,  but that's a bit like saying Krul is a bad finisher. It's just not his game.

No, no it isnt that at all. When he was part of a midfield that was being ran past time and again by  the Germany midfield, it really should be part of his game. And if he had the pace to help stop that kind of onslaught, then he could be considered an International class player.

I said it before. Gomis is a better version of Shola. He will do good stuff, but he will make the easiest misses, so I guess him and Cissé are the perfect couple...

Aye, Carrick lacks pace,  but that's a bit like saying Krul is a bad finisher. It's just not his game.

No, no it isnt that at all. When he was part of a midfield that was being ran past time and again by  the Germany midfield, it really should be part of his game. And if he had the pace to help stop that kind of onslaught, then he could be considered an International class player.

Eh? When was Carrick a part of the midfield against Germany?