The unpopular football opinion thread

Deuce

Women are better than men at football.

There was a lass at Kings Cross on the phone making this argument at the weekend, or more specifically that the game was better to watch because 'they think about it more, and the tackles are still hard but they're more beautiful'.

Cleverly misplaces passes all the time. His decision making is poor. He's not quick and seems to lack position. He gives the ball away far too much.

All of that is utter nonsense.

Re watch your games. Even in pre season the guy mis places passes all the time. It infuriates me because he's gonna be in the World Cup team and he shouldn't be playing like that.

I think Carrick is a ridiculously underrated footballer.

Yup. He's been very good for a number of years now and I can't work out why it's only been the past 12-18 months the media/public at large have cottoned to this fact. He's had some completely unjustified criticism in the past.

I think Carrick is a ridiculously underrated footballer.

Yup. He's been very good for a number of years now and I can't work out why it's only been the past 12-18 months the media/public at large have cottoned to this fact. He's had some completely unjustified criticism in the past.

I absolutely love watching Carrick, any player like that really. Something fantastic about the way he passes the ball.

Cleverly misplaces passes all the time. His decision making is poor. He's not quick and seems to lack position. He gives the ball away far too much.

Re watch your games. Even in pre season the guy mis places passes all the time. It infuriates me because he's gonna be in the World Cup team and he shouldn't be playing like that.

I don't need to rewatch anything. Cleverleys pass success rate with us is 91% since his first game, which is higher than Scholes. Constantly misplacing passes doesn't get you a pass success rate of 91%. Pretty sure the only midfielder who played 20 games or more last season who bettered Cleverleys passing success was Dembele. Also, your comment about pre-season is completely off the mark. He's always phenomenal in pre-season. When he came into our first team he was our best player in pre-season against Barcelona (arguably the best player on the pitch) and the next game he came on against City in the 3-2 win at the Community Shield. Cleverley changed that game as well.

You're wrong about Cleverley, simple as. He's a very good footballer, is going to get better and will prove any doubters wrong. I'm sure of it.

I don't need to rewatch anything. Cleverleys pass success rate with us is 91% since his first game, which is higher than Scholes. Constantly misplacing passes doesn't get you a pass success rate of 91%. Pretty sure the only midfielder who played 20 games or more last season who bettered Cleverleys passing success was Dembele. Also, your comment about pre-season is completely off the mark. He's always phenomenal in pre-season. When he came into our first team he was our best player in pre-season against Barcelona (arguably the best player on the pitch) and the next game he came on against City in the 3-2 win at the Community Shield. Cleverley changed that game as well.

You're wrong about Cleverley, simple as. He's a very good footballer, is going to get better and will prove any doubters wrong. I'm sure of it.

White Djemba-Djemba

Carrick is a great player, his problem is he struggles when put under pressure and doesn't have the agility to escape.

I have always considered him the English Fernando Gago because of this.

Great range of passing, can control a game with ease but put him under pressure and you can get quite a bit of joy.

Obertan is absolue fucking garbage, the worst player i have ever seen at NUFC. Technically he has several good attributes, however his complete lack of heart - in fact fuck that it's outright cowardice makes him a nothing footballer.

Cleverley not a bad player, just not a very good one. Not Man United standard imo, if they want to keep winning the league. We'll probably pay £4m for him in a few years having learned fuck all from your man mentioned above. And Alan Smith, Nicky butt...

Davide Santon was the worst first team performer last season.

Coloccini was poor most of the season too. Being slow and weak in the air is such a disadvantage to us. Mentally he's miles ahead of anyone else at the back and most of the league - when he's on form. When he's poor, he's a shambles.

Coloccini was poor most of the season too. Being slow and weak in the air is such a disadvantage to us. Mentally he's miles ahead of anyone else at the back and most of the league - when he's on form. When he's poor, he's a shambles.

He was our best defender over the first few months, easily.

That award goes to Jonas.

Pretty much hopeless as a defender IMO. I think if he is to have a future here he should be tried somewhere in midfield.

Pretty much hopeless as a defender IMO. I think if he is to have a future here he should be tried somewhere in midfield.

Not really. He generally wins his one on ones. He needs coaching but hopeless is well wide of the mark

I'm not saying he is talentless, but he has brainfarts, I don't think you can train brainfarts out of someone, coaches have been trying to do that with Bramble his entire career.

thats cus he does all of jonas' attacking for him.

how u can say "he was the worst first team performer last season" knowing how useless some of the others were is ridiculous.

Perfect thread for that opinion.