The unpopular football opinion thread

Deuce

Graham Carr isn't a good talent scout. He is just a man who is good at networking and schmoozing with French agents.

100% correct imo.

Err... isn't this a skill that makes someone a good scout? Particularly a head scout?

Guest palnese

Graham Carr isn't a good talent scout. He is just a man who is good at networking and schmoozing with French agents.

100% correct imo.

Err... isn't this a skill that makes someone a good scout? Particularly a head scout?

Was thinking the very same.  :thup:

I think 'Welbeck is quality' is about the same level of controversial as 'Welbeck is s***' TBH, nobody seems to know. I really like him.

Haha agreed. He hasn't played enough nor is he mature enough to make that distinction. If he could make a Walcott like improvement in finishing he'd be a top, top player imo.

100% correct imo.

Was thinking the very same.  :thup:

A scout to me is someone who can identify players that are relative unknowns or playing shite who then turn out to be very good. E.g. When Arsenal signed Vieira, K. Toure, Anelka etc.

Not someone who can identify a French league winner/international as being a good player. Most people with eyes could do that.

As I stated his networking/schmoozing skills (in France) are very good and he has got us some good deals.

Titus Bramble was a very good defender for the majority of his career here.

Very good? For the Majority? Can't agree with that like. He had his days and occasionally he would put together a 2 or 3 game run where he didn't do something ridiculous, but even when he was solid in defence he was still smashing the ball 60 yards up the pitch and out of touch. You simply can't be a very good premier league defender without a brain.

On his day, Titus was brilliant - quick, strong, good on the ball.  It was just that it didn't happen often enough.  I seem to remember him being brilliant against Juventus in the CL and thinking that if he could play like that every week...

but even when he was solid in defence he was still smashing the ball 60 yards up the pitch and out of touch.

:thup: Used to properly wind me up, that.

Guest neesy111

Titus had all the attributes to be a top defender.  He played some really good games, but I will always remember him for the fuck ups he did and there are plenty of them.

Arsene Wenger is f***ing brilliant.

Having a near totally foreign squad is f***ing w***.

Part of me hopes the PL bubble totally bursts.

I nearly posted something along the lines of that last one. I haven't made my mind up yet on whether I just want the "big" clubs to just fuck off into a European Super League, so I don't have to worry about this shit any more.

Wenger is a cunt, but brilliant.

Also an unpopular Spurs football opinion - Sol Campbell was in the right all along.

but even when he was solid in defence he was still smashing the ball 60 yards up the pitch and out of touch.

:thup: Used to properly wind me up, that.

Probably should say 'into touch' :lol:

Guest neesy111

I think Scott Parker is mint and he was one of my favourite players here.

die in a fire

Sadly, I'm going to agree with Sewelly on this one.

Very good? For the Majority? Can't agree with that like. He had his days and occasionally he would put together a 2 or 3 game run where he didn't do something ridiculous, but even when he was solid in defence he was still smashing the ball 60 yards up the pitch and out of touch. You simply can't be a very good premier league defender without a brain.

Titus Bramble was a good player. Relatively quick, strong, good in the air. Was capable of some magnificent performances.

Always likely to drop a clanger though.