Allan Saint-Maximin (now playing for Al-Ahli)

Disco

Guest neesy111

I wasn't old enough to really appreciate the quality of players properly at the time Ginola was playing, but I never really understood why he's held is such high regard as he is. He wasn't particularly fast, wasn't particularly efficient (not many assists or goals - 6 goals and 1 assist in 67 games) or hard working. I've watched a few matches that has been out on youtube to get a feel of his general play, and while he was good, I'd personally put him behind both HBA and Robert. Won't be long until I put ASM ahead of him either if he continues as he has second half of this season.

I have to agree, but massively caveated by not watching him when he first arrived or with a real understanding of the game. But he didn't really excite me like our other French mavericks from what I seen. I hear he used to love a tab on the bus coming back from away games though  [emoji38]

A few footballers smoked, Sir Alex allowed it with his players as it would reduce their anxiety.  Alcohol is the biggest issue with legal drugs and sportsman it affects your body for days.

I wasn't old enough to really appreciate the quality of players properly at the time Ginola was playing, but I never really understood why he's held is such high regard as he is. He wasn't particularly fast, wasn't particularly efficient (not many assists or goals - 6 goals and 1 assist in 67 games) or hard working. I've watched a few matches that has been out on youtube to get a feel of his general play, and while he was good, I'd personally put him behind both HBA and Robert. Won't be long until I put ASM ahead of him either if he continues as he has second half of this season.

I have to agree, but massively caveated by not watching him when he first arrived or with a real understanding of the game. But he didn't really excite me like our other French mavericks from what I seen. I hear he used to love a tab on the bus coming back from away games though  [emoji38]

A few footballers smoked, Sir Alex allowed it with his players as it would reduce their anxiety.  Alcohol is the biggest issue with legal drugs and sportsman it affects your body for days.

I'm very happy to read this comment whilst I walk to shop for 20 Bensons  :lol:

Guest neesy111

I'm very happy to read this comment whilst I walk to shop for 20 Bensons  :lol:

:lol: :lol: :thup:

Ginola is still the best wideman I've ever seen at this club. Anyone who didn't live through/experience the Entertainers team may not ever understand just how incredible that team was collectively.

Ben Arfa was the most talented but unfortunately he played for Pardew's Newcastle whereas Ginola played for Keegan and Robert for Bobby Robson. Therefore they did more for us than him, not that he couldn't have if we had a real manager instead of fish lips when he was here.

Ginola is still the best wideman I've ever seen at this club. Anyone who didn't live through/experience the Entertainers team may not ever understand just how incredible that team was collectively.

Can't agree more with this. In 35 years of following NUFC I have seen a lot of world class players but whenever someone asks me who is the best player I have ever seen in a Black & White shirt I always say David Ginola in his first 3 months at the club. Better than Keegan, Waddle, Beardsley, Gascoigne or Shearer. In those first few months he was simply unplayable.

Love them all but Ginola was pure world class especially his first 6 months.  The goal against Ferenvarcos, making a mug of Neil Coxon his on byline, destroying Gary Neville.  We lost the title when Gillespie got hacked by Phil Neville and teams started doubling up on him

Would have loved to see him on the left and Solamo on the right

Guest Butcher

HBA for me. He really should’ve been one of the best players of all time.

One of the best players of all time at Newcastle or in the world?

In the World. He had the potential, but lacked the determination.

HBA for me. He really should’ve been one of the best players of all time.

One of the best players of all time at Newcastle or in the world?

In the World. He had the potential, but lacked the determination.

Hmmm. Just to confirm, you're saying he should be up there with the likes of Zidane, Ronaldinho etc. as the greatest of all times?

Bold statement, brother. You boozin'?

Guest Butcher

Just fucking love(d) HBA :lol: :smitten:

He should’ve been up there with the best. But in the end I don’t think he can blame anyone but himself.

Just fucking love(d) HBA :lol: :smitten:

He should’ve been up there with the best. But in the end I don’t think he can blame anyone but himself.

Yup. If he had Shearers mentality he’d have had a long career at Barcelona alongside Messi. Instead, somehow, he ended up on loan at Hull not getting picked by Bruce. So tragic.

You’re coming at It wrong but thanks for proving my point. All could’ve achieved more but because they didn’t is why they’re so reviled.

Even if they hit the top.

There are people who think Diego Maradona was the best player ever - well, those people now think of Messi, but Diego #2. What more could he possibly have achieved in his career?

And until Maradona came along, there were people who thought Best was the best ever.

"Reviled"? Nah