Allan Saint-Maximin (now playing for Al-Ahli)

Disco

His balance is his greatest asset. The way he very quickly transitions fro receiving the ball to full on sprint is amazing. Coupled with his ability to jink at high speed too. Giggs was the last player with that sort of ability imo.

Not the greatest technically, but two or three times in a game that power and pace of his will open things up. No-one else in our team would have got that goal yesterday.

I agree with this. He'll never have the elegance of Arfa or Ginola but he's more explosive than both of them. A different kind of dribbler.

Also, he and Almiron are usually knackered after an hour because of Bruce's system.

Not the greatest technically, but two or three times in a game that power and pace of his will open things up. No-one else in our team would have got that goal yesterday.

I agree with this. He'll never have the elegance of Arfa or Ginola but he's more explosive than both of them. A different kind of dribbler.

Also, he and Almiron are usually knackered after an hour because of Bruce's system.

Bruce's system is play a load of cloggers and ASM and Almiron can do all the running and maybe create something from nothing.

Seen he's been banned by the club - one of the only journos alongside Caulkin to call out the utter shite we've seen this season. With Ashley's media chums and the threat of being banned for negative reporting, it's no wonder the media is in such a sorry state. The Chronicle for example must generate over 80% of their business through clicks from ads on the NUFC side alone.

Caulkin's pro Bruce if anything.

Absolutely. He's still a marvellous writer and is obviously unmoved when it comes to Ashley, but he's definitely lost his edge this season and appears to be having the time of his life on some of these away trips. It's a bit of a shame, especially now he's at The Athletic which clearly offers writers more freedom. I've stopped reading the Newcastle stuff on there; there's nowhere near enough criticism of the state of things.

Wouldn’t really say he’s pro-Bruce. More he seems to argue the Bruce stuff is a distraction from the real problem.

He's clearly got bundles of time for Bruce. Somewhat maddening that, as our rare 'friend' in the press when it came to Pardew, he seems completely blind to the obvious parallels between him and with the current arsehole.

Unless I'm wrong of course and Bruce isn't a patsy.

As infuriating as it is it is also very human to be honest to struggle to stick the knife in to someone he considers a friend. Bruces friendship with many north east journos is worth it's weight in gold for Ashley and frankly may keep him in the job

Wouldn’t really say he’s pro-Bruce. More he seems to argue the Bruce stuff is a distraction from the real problem.

He's clearly got bundles of time for Bruce. Somewhat maddening that, as our rare 'friend' in the press when it came to Pardew, he seems completely blind to the obvious parallels between him and with the current arsehole.

Unless I'm wrong of course and Bruce isn't a patsy.

Definitely not wrong!

To say he’s not good technically is a huge disservice to him. Rare his first touch isn’t on point.