Allan Saint-Maximin (now playing for Al-Ahli)

Disco

Really good buy at what £16.5 million?

Can only imagine what a terror he would be in a team that put him in better positions more consistently.

there's a chance that this setup, i.e. no setup, suits him very as well as he's free to do whatever the fuck he likes and there's very little in the way of instructions for him to follow

would he be as good in a team that retains the ball and looks to create space with it?  i'm not so sure myself

It could be a balance between the two.

For example, Wolves play our exact system, but pass the ball well and keep the ball far better than we do.

Within that setup, Traore is given complete freedom to play his way on the right side, and he causes chaos for defences, creating a lot of chances.

Is it not the exact opposite with traore? He's now playing with discipline and is seen as far more of a cohesive team player this season, exemplified by the fact that he's played a few games at wing-back. He definitely doesn't have complete freedom, he plays quite a disciplined role within a well drilled side

Have you watched Wolves?!

Traore is given complete freedom within the team.

The guy picks the ball up and dribbles from wherever. Quite carelessly still a lot of times, and still makes a lot of questionable decisions, but the manager has allowed him that leeway as he causes a lot of problems for the other team. The rest of the team is much more disciplined and covers for him.

The likes of Traore, St. Max and Ben Arfa will never be disciplined players. It's about them having a manager that will allow them to be free within their setup.

Btw not having a go at him, I love him, just think he's well suited to bruceball

:thup:

Absolutely, he's well suited because he's the type that can bail Bruce out as he doesn't really have a plan for the way the team plays.

St. Maximin thereby being the classic 'bit of magic' guy.

Guest Howaythetoon

Could be a top-class player under a proper coach. He will be to us, however, under Bruce what HBA was to us under Pardew before he turned into a baby and palmed him off to the cabbage head now in our dugout, minus the outrageous extra talent of course. Seems a good egg anyway. Pleased for him.

Guest Howaythetoon

One of our most likeable players in a long time.

Needs to produce more though, hampered by Bruce of course, but our better players under Pardew still at least produced above what he was doing to hamper them, which ironically kept him in a job longer than he should have got.

Needs to produce more though, hampered by Bruce of course, but our better players under Pardew still at least produced above what he was doing to hamper them, which ironically kept him in a job longer than he should have got.

Harsh with his injuries and all the problem Bruce bought in this season he is a constant bright spot regardless.

I didn't think this possible in the summer but Bruce is a level or two below Pardew in setting teams up. ASM would be at or on the way to double figures now in a year 1 Pardew project.