Allan Saint-Maximin (now playing for Al-Ahli)

Disco

Guest reefatoon

Not going to lie, despite how much I hate Bruce and Ashley, this f***er is going to be pure nectar annoying absolutely s*** people.

Feel exactly the same

Definitely. Especially the new season defectors who think they are trailblazing the hate by repeatedly proclaiming everyone should be hating, not realising they are pretty much last to the party. Daft cunts.

Yeah, going by the response on social media people were raving about him.

Seemed to be in and amongst the fans taking pictures afterwards too. Got boat loads of pesonality.

Seemed to be in and amongst the fans taking pictures afterwards too. Got boat loads of pesonality.

Had a decent shot saved and played a few good passes too, on top of the expected explosiveness and dribbling ability. Looks very promising.

Had a decent shot saved and played a few good passes too, on top of the expected explosiveness and dribbling ability. Looks very promising.

I did notice in the youtube videos he was quite often releasing good passes after his dribbling runs, although they didn't usually lead to goals. Maybe down to the lack of quality in his team mates rather than a reflection him I guess.

Good luck to you with Saint-Max, or how we call him, the "headless chicken", from a Nice fan.

His high speed and undeniable dribbling abilities have led us, and many, to believe that if we provide him with the right conditions, he could be a fantastic offensive weapon. No one never managed to find what these conditions really were, though. Maybe you guys will.

I would not bet too much, as some of you have, on his capacity to deliver good passes. More generally, he has been a player who never knew how to deal with his teammates on the pitch. I do believe that he made some improvements over the last years on this sector, but his football IQ still does not score very high (btw, he pretends that his real IQ is one of an extremely gifted person, I'll let you judge on that). He would often end up running everywhere, fast, but like if he had no clear purpose or vision of where we was going, and why he would in such a place, hence his nickname.

But every now and then, he would show some incredible move, amaze us, and feed us with hope. Eventually, he seemed to be as good at running and dribbling, as he was bad at almost everything else that matters in football.

But if he was good technically, good at dribbling, had pace, could make good passes, had a good vision of game, had a good shot, and scored many great goals, he would not play for Newcastle. Unless he's Ben Arfa, and then you'll give up on him for free, but that's another matter.

Good luck to you with Saint-Max, or how we call him, the "headless chicken", from a Nice fan.

His high speed and undeniable dribbling abilities have led us, and many, to believe that if we provide him with the right conditions, he could be a fantastic offensive weapon. No one never managed to find what these conditions really were, though. Maybe you guys will.

I would not bet too much, as some of you have, on his capacity to deliver good passes. More generally, he has been a player who never knew how to deal with his teammates on the pitch. I do believe that he made some improvements over the last years on this sector, but his football IQ still does not score very high (btw, he pretends that his real IQ is one of an extremely gifted person, I'll let you judge on that). He would often end up running everywhere, fast, but like if he had no clear purpose or vision of where we was going, and why he would in such a place, hence his nickname.

But every now and then, he would show some incredible move, amaze us, and feed us with hope. Eventually, he seemed to be as good at running and dribbling, as he was bad at almost everything else that matters in football.

But if he was good technically, good at dribbling, had pace, could make good passes, had a good vision of game, had a good shot, and scored many great goals, he would not play for Newcastle. Unless he's Ben Arfa, and then you'll give up on him for free, but that's another matter.

Nice post 👍

Interesting post. Thanks.

Think at 22 and for what was paid it's worth a chance.

I remember similar being said of Deulofeu when he first came to the premier league, and now we see him growing into a really good player.

We'll find out soon enough, in the meantime he will bring far more than the likes of Murphy, Atsu, Gayle and others on the team.

His skill set has always caused problems in the premier league, even when not utilised to it's full potential.

Definitely got a feeling he's going to be more Obertan than Ben Arfa like, but we'll see. He seems the kind of player who Rafa could've probably turned into a big counter attacking threat, whereas Bruce will probably play him a few times, get frustrated, then revert to Aarons or Atsu.

Guest covmag

Interesting post. Thanks.

Think at 22 and for what was paid it's worth a chance.

I remember similar being said of Deulofeu when he first came to the premier league, and now we see him growing into a really good player.

We'll find out soon enough, in the meantime he will bring far more than the likes of Murphy, Atsu, Gayle and others on the team.

His skill set has always caused problems in the premier league, even when not utilised to it's full potential.

How much did they pay for this lad?

Sounds like he will drive his team mates nuts. I think Rafa would have vetoed the deal if what the French lad says is right.

That probably happened last two windows.