The other games today 2019/20

Greg

Pep has a gash defence because he allowed himself to go into a season with 3 centre halves, 2 of which are shit. The trophies argument is also not fair as Guardiola has managed the richest/best team in whichever league he's been in while Klopp has managed teams who were going nowhere before he arrived

Pep has a gash defence because he allowed himself to go into a season with 3 centre halves, 2 of which are shit. The trophies argument is also not fair as Guardiola has managed the richest/best team in whichever league he's been in while Klopp has managed teams who were going nowhere before he arrived

Aye, that was madness.

Klopp is an incredible manager. No doubt. But come back when he’s won as much as Pep.

Also wtf were all the missed handballs today in that match?

In terms of trophies, he will never get close to Pep. Just because of the type of job he takes over.

And yes, Klopp has spent money, but a lot of his purchases both at Liverpool and Dortmund were raised from sales and Champions league revenue. Without the Coutinho sale, we were never going to spend on Vand Dijk and Alisson.

Lot of similarities between Klopp and Keegan. One huge advantage Klopp had over Keegan was the footballing setup (scouting, data analytics, sports science, physio) at Dortmund and Liverpool.

I feel like Pep is obsessed with re-inventing the wheel rather than just driving the goddamn car.

He's made some great tactical innovations and was revolutionary at Barcelona but he makes football more complicated than it needs to be. He gets more joy from inverting his full-backs than winning matches. Oh and buy some centre backs, man.

Going back to the Liverpool game, there were several occasions City cut through them easily and a forward was about an inch from an easy tap in. Those were the margins involved yet I don’t see criticism of the Liverpool defence? Sterling had TAA on toast most of the match.

Sterling is so close to becoming the best player in the world at the moment. I'm not sure he'll ever truly get there, but he's not far off. Bloody love watching him.

I feel like Pep is obsessed with re-inventing the wheel rather than just driving the goddamn car.

He's made some great tactical innovations and was revolutionary at Barcelona but he makes football more complicated than it needs to be. He gets more joy from inverting his full-backs than winning matches. Oh and buy some centre backs, man.

Strange he's managed to win absolute bucket loads of titles.

Nah man, cares more about inverted fullbacks :lol: I love Ketsbaia but hell what a post!

Exaggerated things a bit but I just find Pep so frustrating :lol:

He does definitely get a bit too cute for his own good sometimes - I remember at Bayern he went through a phase of trying out a some formation that went out of fashion in the 1940's.

Think he is paranoid about getting too predictable and "found out" - sometimes there is nothing wrong with the KISS principle when you're at the phase of the season where you just need to keep grinding out wins to maintain your position.