The other games today 2019/20

Greg

Thought Gini was great tonight, his value/qualities come out in games like this and his performance highlights just why he’s a key player for Liverpool. Against lesser/weaker opposition he/his game is not as necessary, but given the quality of Salah, Mane et al, it doesn’t really matter.

City will always enjoy lots of possession, cause problems, create chances and give anyone a game, but their football isn’t as fluid, as quick or as penetrating as it was last season and that defence individually and collectively is very suspect. They don’t - as a team- appear to have that little bit extra left in the tank as a reserve to call on either in terms of stamina/fitness. Could they be burnt out?

They also lack the ability to adapt and change their game plan/style and tactics enough to overcome any serious challenge or obstacle thwarting or succeeding against how they do play, their style and their tactics. Liverpool have that and in abundance, from the manager to individuals and even to players who they can bring on.

I wouldn’t rule City out though, they are a machine and it’s all about how Liverpool handle the pressure, being chased and getting past the finish line. Winning the CL has turned them into winners, hungry, full of belief and battle hardened. They want this and they will, for me, not let this slip now.

:thup:

Klopp is a better all round manager than Guardiola for me.

Thought Gini was great tonight, his value/qualities come out in games like this and his performance highlights just why he’s a key player for Liverpool. Against lesser/weaker opposition he/his game is not as necessary, but given the quality of Salah, Mane et al, it doesn’t really matter.

City will always enjoy lots of possession, cause problems, create chances and give anyone a game, but their football isn’t as fluid, as quick or as penetrating as it was last season and that defence individually and collectively is very suspect. They don’t - as a team- appear to have that little bit extra left in the tank as a reserve to call on either in terms of stamina/fitness. Could they be burnt out?

They also lack the ability to adapt and change their game plan/style and tactics enough to overcome any serious challenge or obstacle thwarting or succeeding against how they do play, their style and their tactics. Liverpool have that and in abundance, from the manager to individuals and even to players who they can bring on.

I wouldn’t rule City out though, they are a machine and it’s all about how Liverpool handle the pressure, being chased and getting past the finish line. Winning the CL has turned them into winners, hungry, full of belief and battle hardened. They want this and they will, for me, not let this slip now.

Klopp’s Dortmund side turned to utter gash before he left like. Wouldn’t say he’s better than Pep just yet

I mean the guy has got his team to the last 2 champions league finals and a champions league final previously with another team, and the europa league final, pretty good pedigree. That’s without the league total he won at Dortmund and the points total Liverpool gained last season

Guest Howaythetoon

Yep, he’s my perfect manager, even more than KK, although no-one will ever be as special to me as KK. That relationship is more personal. If I could choose my perfect manager for my club though, Klopp would be that man, Liverpool are blessed to have him as manager and I hope he goes on to win them the title. Pep is obviously a great manager, but comes across as less likeable and of the two, he seems the most reluctant to do things that isn’t his way and the only way and that will maybe always result in him burning the candle at the other end after a while wherever he’s manager.

Like Rafa, I think Klopp would translate anywhere at any club, league or level under any conditions, enough to do a good job others wouldn’t be able to anyway. I thought he’d be under real pressure to deliver at Liverpool having lost major finals in his first two years, where they looked miles off, but the last 2 years he’s turned them into arguably the strongest team in the world despite not having the best squad of players or the most world-class players.

I don’t think Pep is flexible enough to overcome and defeat this Liverpool in terms of their style, system, tactics etc and that’s mainly because no matter what, they can overcome all styles, systems, tactics whatever gets thrown at them.

Maybe Pep is too hung up on his own ideas and fair enough because look at what he’s achieved. But what made Fergie and Man Utd so dominant, consistent and great was how he/they could change with the times, finding ways to overcome whatever stood between them and winning. Can Pep? I’d back Klopp to find a way the most!

Klopp’s Dortmund side turned to utter gash before he left like. Wouldn’t say he’s better than Pep just yet

He also built them from nowhere to one of the best teams in Europe

Guest neesy111

He also built them from nowhere to one of the best teams in Europe

While losing their star players.  They still finished 7th in his last season.

:lol: Do the comms really have to have ZERO sense of humour? I'm sure the bloke's absolutely fine.

Sense of humour? It wasn't funny! You must be stupid if you think a professional athlete, running at you with no doubt powerful momentum, is something nice to experience!  Just because he was fine doesn't mean that it wasn't a rough, needless and cowardly thing to do - especially to a much older person.

Grow up, you tit.

And by the way, 'comms'? What the fuck is wrong with you?

Guest neesy111

:lol: Woah.

It's also that you look like some sort of geeky ectomorph and so I thought it was quite, let's just say 'incongruent', for you to act like a Mr Toughbollocks.

Take a breather, no need to have a go at Yorkie like that.

It's also that you look like some sort of geeky ectomorph and so I thought it was quite, let's just say 'incongruent', for you to act like a Mr Toughbollocks.

I see.

I apologise for the tactlessness of the original post. Certainly wasn't doing a faux hard man act, though. Put me in an arena of conflict and I'd mush quite feebly.

I see.

I apologise for the tactlessness of the original post. Certainly wasn't doing a faux hard man act, though. Put me in an arena of conflict and I'd mush quite feebly.

Fuck sake....

.... I'm sorry, man.

Klopp has gotten the ability to spend loads of cash and the players are paying off in their peak.

Pep right now has a gash def and a team that is not on form. It’s pretty clear HTT[/member]

Also give KK the equiv of Van Dijk and Allison in that 95 team and we win the league. You know that.