The Magpie Group

Heron

At my last game (in the same season as that 0 - 6 Liverpool defeat) the guy next to me (who apart from sitting next to at SJP for a few years I didn't know) asked if I'd renewed my season ticket? I said no as I'd had enough. He said "Why? It's been worse than this before". A great reason to keep going.

Getting the distinct impression that they’re fighting an unwinnable war. I feared as much and having sat in and around these people over the last 10 years or so. Every story I hear about those wanting change being given shit I can picture in my minds eye quite easily.

There is clearly no willing from the rank and file, ‘average’ fan to protest, those that are doing so are firmly in the minority. It needs to get worse before it then gets absolutely horrific and only then will the mood swing back towards protests. They’ve made the odd fuck up but by and large done nothing wrong, it’s not their fault and I’m not going to criticise but they’re on a hiding to nothing. Their biggest hurdle is their fellow fans and that’s fucking heartbreaking to be brutally honest. To seek change, to strive for better only to be shot down, slagged off and abused by their own is the biggest kick in the teeth i can imagine. We’re utterly fucked.

If you can’t rely on home fans try the away and take the message nationally and aimed solely at SD - the worst they’ll get then are the usual too cool for school web sadacts sneering at them and an apathetic home support leaving them to get on with it.

We were warned this would happen from the Rangers & Liverpool lot mind, they had exactly the same issues.

Exactly, keep it going anyway is my advice.

f*** the naysayers, if the hardcore give in, then Ashley has definately won.

f*** the sheep, they are part of the enemy now.

Oh grow up.

Anyone else booed when they went in after 11 minutes?! Unbelievable

I’d scrap the boycott on yesterday’s showing mind as it’ll be a complete flop - get a Rafa quote about the need to support the team as a reason to justify it or basically call the fans out

Anyone else booed when they went in after 11 minutes?! Unbelievable

I’d scrap the boycott on yesterday’s showing mind as it’ll be a complete flop - get a Rafa quote about the need to support the team as a reason to justify it or basically call the fans out

There's a fair few folk complaining they were abused on FB toontalk and TF this morning, Paully. It's shithouse behaviour.

How is cancelling the protest because nobody will change, different to not joining the protest because Ashley will never change?

I’ll back whatever goes ahead, but I’m aome respect it shows you are adaptable and are listening. Even though I believe TMG are 100% right I don’t believe it’s pandering. They would have to suggest more plans though quick if so. I think after shirebrook they have to persist. If it goes ahead they’ll have to talk pragmatically and say it was an experiment in unity. They can’t allow it to seem a futile exercise.

Guest NobbyOhNobby

What does cancelling achieve?

It only shows that they're listening to the shithouse supafans who probably won't boycott or protest anyway.

They've got a week to get as much awareness out there as they can about the boycott, why it should happen etc etc

I don't wish to over dramatize here but I was both saddened and disgusted at some/most of our fans yesterday.  I mean 11 minutes, 11 fuckin minutes of your life is all we asked.  Then some protesters get abuse whilst taking their seats, it beggars belief.  The wife and I are seriously thinking about jacking this in.  I have been following the Toon since I was 11 years old, I am now 61 and I have never felt like this.

Guest alijmitchell

The last time I went was during the championship season and I won't be going back. I stupidly believed that things might change with the Rafa appointment. I'll be looking for other football to go to up here in Scotland, even though it is shite, at least people don't treat it like a trip to the fucking cinema like NUFC.

I don't wish to over dramatize here but I was both saddened and disgusted at some/most of our fans yesterday.  I mean 11 minutes, 11 fuckin minutes of your life is all we asked.  Then some protesters get abuse whilst taking their seats, it beggars belief.  The wife and I are seriously thinking about jacking this in.  I have been following the Toon since I was 11 years old, I am now 61 and I have never felt like this.

:thup: This isn't the same NUFC. Club & fans alike. Maybe there's a smaller local team you could follow who would appreciate your existence far more than Mike does.

To be honest when a very small minority of fans are attempting to influence a vast majority of match going fans, referring to them as shithouses, sheep and mongs (just three of the abusive terms used in the last few pages) and coming up with brilliant ideas like trying to demonise decent people like Lascelles, Shola and Moncur because they don't always see eye to eye with them is probably not a smart way to try and make them change their minds.

It's also a bit hypocritical to freely abuse those who don't agree with them and then get upset when they are given abuse back.