General press coverage

Optimistic Nut

Been reading throughout the day. It's fantastic, so much different content about teams and sports I'm interested in.

Seems like they're having daily Q&A's with podcasts being added. Early impressions: £30 for the year is an absolute bargain.

I've had it since last year because of other sports i'm interested in, worth every penny. I didn't know they were investing in staff for football mind.

Good to hear.

The app is slick as fuck, like. But that quote Wullie highlighted doesn't sit right with me at all; it's absolutely lifting regardless of whether he apologised or not for it.

The app is slick as fuck, like. But that quote Wullie highlighted doesn't sit right with me at all; it's absolutely lifting regardless of whether he apologised or not for it.

I don't love the app, like. Pretty clunky having to continually press the back button at times and stuff like only being able to delete everything in your bookmarks rather than individual articles. I can't seem to unfollow my subscriptions, either?

Edit, re the last point, found it (manage national coverage)

The guys behind it are the definition of douche Silicon Valley tech bros, but if they can get the product half as good as what they currently produce for the USA sports market, it's worth the every cent.

They were already producing some decent football content, but very top team centric - if anyone will do a good job shining the light on fatty, it's them.

Am I the only person who thinks the majority of football writing is complete gash? I genuinely wouldn’t dream of paying for it. You get zero tactical analysis from these people they barely understand the game imo

They've signed up Michael Cox (Zonal Marking guy), if you rate him?

Football journalism is typically awful and they somehow show more hubris than agents. They behave as if they're somehow integral to the game and the oracles of truth. In reality most of them can barely string an original thought together and know fuck all about football.

Football journalism is typically awful and they somehow show more hubris than agents. They behave as if they're somehow integral to the game and the oracles of truth. In reality most of them can barely string an original thought together and know fuck all about football.

Each to their own, but disagree with this. Clearly there is some shite football journalism, but there's some great content out there IMO.

I for one am just shocked that Lee Ryder wasn't one of the chosen ones.

Obviously overplayed his hand during the negotiations and refused to budge from his two Greggs vouchers and a 6 pack per week demands that Keith Bishop is currently paying him.  Definitely overpriced for a man of his... talents.

totally agree. paid way too much, way too much self importance. If anyone can tell me why either Custis brother deserves to comment on football then go for it

Custis is utter gash, but The S*n isn't journalism.

If you get no enjoyment from well written football articles, then fair enough.

Football journalism is typically awful and they somehow show more hubris than agents. They behave as if they're somehow integral to the game and the oracles of truth. In reality most of them can barely string an original thought together and know f*** all about football.

totally agree. paid way too much, way too much self importance. If anyone can tell me why either Custis brother deserves to comment on football then go for it

Saw the Twitter storm when this was all released the other day. Every single one seemed like "Here's a cast iron opinion you might as well treat as fact about team x" that you'll look back on in 6 months and will be utter bullshit.