Sam Allardyce

Thespence

I'm not sure where this 'Never relegated' talk really comes from. In his career he has only been in 2 relegation scraps. One was with Bolton where he was allowed too spend large sums of money not only to get them up but to keep them up. The other was last season and as has been pointed out, had Rafa been appointed 2 weeks beforehand then he wouldn't have kept Sunderland up despite having nearly a full season working with them and a transfer window. Aye ok so he has 'won' the two relegation scraps he's been in, but people make out as if he's been in loads of them.

As for hiring him I'm not sure why anyone does. He has shown that he can play only 1 way and he only gets results because of the law of average rule. In the mean time he assembles 1 or 2 people for every role he is responsible for. So you have a backroom team of about 20 people all doing 1 little job that he is supposed to do. They all feed information to him and he answer is always 'hit it long'. The guy literally doesn't even do anything, he's as effective as the fans are, in the mean time whichever club he is at have a large wage bill for people doing little jobs which most can be done by computer statistic programmes (which he even insists on the clubs buying and using) and existing coaching staff.

Guest reefatoon

That's an awful lot of Stifler post in one sitting, will come back to it after a cuppa, a promising start though fella.

http://www.football365.com/news/we-all-need-to-swallow-the-allardyce-pill

Love how much John Nicholson hates him. :lol:

This on the other hand is obscene: https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/jul/17/england-next-football-manager-sam-allardyce-football-association-fa

It is far too easy to sneer at Bruce for only managing at Hull, when the more difficult question to answer is why he has never been offered a chance at Manchester United.

Imagine genuinely believing that and not being institutionalised.

That's brilliant

"It is true that Klinsmann has considerable international experience both as a player and a manager with Germany, though it is also worth pointing out that the current German side peaked only once Joachim Löw took sole control."

Look at that bit man, Klinsmann was manager for about two years and set everything up, whereas Low has had a decade to reap the rewards.

Doesn't fit with the writer's agenda though.

Klinsmann is absolutely abhorrent as a manager though. Wrecked what was a promising US generation.

Klinsmann > Joe Kinnear > Big Sam IMO.

On club level, sure. But at this point in time the only fact we have regarding their international manager track record is that Klinsmann is abhorrent and everything good about Germany was down to Löw.

"It is true that Klinsmann has considerable international experience both as a player and a manager with Germany, though it is also worth pointing out that the current German side peaked only once Joachim Löw took sole control."

Look at that bit man, Klinsmann was manager for about two years and set everything up, whereas Low has had a decade to reap the rewards.

:lol: I'll happily trade Klinsmann for Low. Snap your arm off at the elbow of the other fucking arm.

"It is true that Klinsmann has considerable international experience both as a player and a manager with Germany, though it is also worth pointing out that the current German side peaked only once Joachim Löw took sole control."

:lol: I'll happily trade Klinsmann for Low. Snap your arm off at the elbow of the other fucking arm.

#carefulwhatyouwishfor

Klinsmann is absolutely abhorrent as a manager though. Wrecked what was a promising US generation.

That's got nothing to do with what I said about the writer's article though.

What an indignity it would be to have a man from our greatest footballing rivals lead our national team.

We should respect the principle that international sport is simply about representing your country, from the players to the chairman.

Steve Bruce being interviewed today apparently, and Sam should know by the end of the week, according to reports.

So a two horse, or should that be 'donkey' race, then???

God help us, if the choice comes down to Fat Sam or Fat Steve.  :jesuswept:  :suicide:

What an indignity it would be to have a man from our greatest footballing rivals lead our national team.

We should respect the principle that international sport is simply about representing your country, from the players to the chairman.

It'd be worth it to see the meltdown from the brexiteer camp tbh

Bruce or Allardyce?

The cream of football management.

Neither of these nuggets have ever achieved anything of note in the premiership, apart from one 5th place finish years ago.  They both constantly hover around 10th to 20th in the league and their brand of football is awful to watch  Football by statistics or nullifying the opposition.

They've never had a job offer from one of the top 4 teams in the premier league and no job offers from top continental teams.

Good football men tho, I suppose that's summik to work with.

If this is the best England has to choose from then we need to look at how we are coaching the new managers coming through. 

I think I'd prefer an English manager.  But when the only half decent candidate (Howe), doesn't seem like he's getting a look in.  I'd 100% take Jurgen, over Allardyce or Bruce! 

Shows how bad our coaching set up must be from top to bottom.  We don't really have any English managers, that fill you with confidence.

I think I'd prefer an English manager.  But when the only half decent candidate (Howe), doesn't seem like he's getting a look in.  I'd 100% take Jurgen, over Allardyce or Bruce! 

Shows how bad our coaching set up must be from top to bottom.  We don't really have any English managers, that fill you with confidence.

I like Howe but its way to early, he is just starting his career and you wouldn't want him ruined by the time he is 45.

Let him build his experience first before touching that mess.

I like Howe but its way to early, he is just starting his career and you wouldn't want him ruined by the time he is 45.

Let him build his experience first before touching that mess.

Yeah, I like him.  But I said half decent.  As even though I rate him, as you say, he is young and not that experienced. 

I still think him with a more experienced coaching staff around him.  Would be a far better appointment than one of these clowns:

http://www.bestbeginnermotorcycles.com/files/images/fattwins.jpg

Neither of these nuggets have ever achieved anything of note in the premiership, apart from one 5th place finish years ago. 

6th actually. It's very odd how it still gets talked about as proof of his genius, a 6th place finish over ten years ago, 3 points ahead of McClaren's Boro. :lol:

Neither of these nuggets have ever achieved anything of note in the premiership, apart from one 5th place finish years ago. 

6th actually. It's very odd how it still gets talked about as proof of his genius, a 6th place finish over ten years ago, 3 points ahead of McClaren's Boro. :lol:

I know, but we've all seen how Pardew clutches that manager of the year award for one 5th placed finish in his career. Good football man tho.