Sam Allardyce

Thespence

Course we would have. It's hilarious that people try to weight-up losses to Derby and Liverpool against 10 years of basically doing an excellent job as PL boss. In terms of accumlating points, anyway.

What good was that to us?

I wouldn't say we were going down, but regardless of what he's done in the past and where we were in the table, we were in relegation form when he was sacked.

And you could say exactly the same about our record with Keegan. 5 wins out of 19.

The point is, there is far, far more evidence to suggest Allardyce would have kept us up than not. His record with Bolton, Blackburn and even us to some extent, points to a fairly strong conclusion.

9 points from his last 12 games (6 of those points coming from a lucky penalty and a last minute winner) is all the evidence that I need  :dontknow: That's relegation form to me.

That's fine. It's also pretty selective, as we were about 10th.

Are you really going to argue that Allardyce wouldn't have managed 4 more wins past January?

Course we would have. It's hilarious that people try to weight-up losses to Derby and Liverpool against 10 years of basically doing an excellent job as PL boss. In terms of accumlating points, anyway.

I wouldn't say we were going down, but regardless of what he's done in the past and where we were in the table, we were in relegation form when he was sacked.

And you could say exactly the same about our record with Keegan. 5 wins out of 19.

The point is, there is far, far more evidence to suggest Allardyce would have kept us up than not. His record with Bolton, Blackburn and even us to some extent, points to a fairly strong conclusion.

I normally agree with you Ron. But when it comes to that season, i was extremely worried. It took Keegan 10 games or wahtever to get a win because the players had no belief anymore!

And the teams we lost to under that KK spell were better sides than us and who were chasing Europe.

We finished 7 points above the drop and that run of 7 unbeaten games kept us up.

When you look at SA's two wins out of October-December, my god we didn't deserve to beat Fulham and Birmingham. Just read nufc.com's match report from 3 years ago today!

I can see your side of the argument but our players just weren't suited to SA's style of play and there was only one way we were going that season unfortunately

9 points from his last 12 games (6 of those points coming from a lucky penalty and a last minute winner) is all the evidence that I need  :dontknow: That's relegation form to me.

That's fine. It's also pretty selective, as we were about 10th.

Are you really going to argue that Allardyce wouldn't have managed 4 more wins past January?

I'm not arguing any of the sort.

"I wouldn't say we were going down, but regardless of what he's done in the past and where we were in the table, we were in relegation form when he was sacked."

is what I said IIRC.

The games we had after he was sacked (whicg fair enough KK couldn't really affect) would have been lost.

There's no way on this planet he would have gone to Spurs and tried to win - I doubt w'ed have got a point.

I believe 100% we'd have been relegated.

He's a football murderer - the game is infinitely better off without him.

The games we had after he was sacked (whicg fair enough KK couldn't really affect) would have been lost.

There's no way on this planet he would have gone to Spurs and tried to win - I doubt w'ed have got a point.

I believe 100% we'd have been relegated.

He's a football murderer - the game is infinitely better off without him.

Let's see how Blackburn get on without him. Bolton almost went down twice.

If he went to WHU i'd happily place a few hundred on them staying up.

I am not going to search you post history but IIRC I am sure were fan of Avram in the past, do you not think he is up to the job now?

I don't think his heart's in it. And Allardyce is far better at winning ugly.

If he went to WHU i'd happily place a few hundred on them staying up.

I am not going to search you post history but IIRC I am sure were fan of Avram in the past, do you not think he is up to the job now?

I don't think his heart's in it. And Allardyce is far better at winning ugly.

Apart from the cup run has had long losing record & working for Gold, Sully & Brady must be draining as well.

Guest Chubby Jason

West Ham fans will hate him. He'd probably keep them up but they will hound him out the season after, they like to see their team at least try and play football. He's only good for shit lower-mid-table teams with zero ambition and a tiny fan-base that will accept turgid, dreadful football as long as it means treading water in the Premiership.

West Ham fans will hate him. He'd probably keep them up but they will hound him out the season after, they like to see their team at least try and play football. He's only good for shit lower-mid-table teams with zero ambition and a tiny fan-base that will accept turgid, dreadful football as long as it means treading water in the Premiership.

Tbf, he has a similar style and approach as Mourinho.

Guest Chubby Jason

West Ham fans will hate him. He'd probably keep them up but they will hound him out the season after, they like to see their team at least try and play football. He's only good for s*** lower-mid-table teams with zero ambition and a tiny fan-base that will accept turgid, dreadful football as long as it means treading water in the Premiership.

He shares all of his negative characteristics.

West Ham fans will hate him. He'd probably keep them up but they will hound him out the season after, they like to see their team at least try and play football. He's only good for s*** lower-mid-table teams with zero ambition and a tiny fan-base that will accept turgid, dreadful football as long as it means treading water in the Premiership.

It's Similar style of play tbh, just he's never had the same players.

Guest Chubby Jason

It's Similar style of play tbh, just he's never had the same players.

If Fat Sam won the UEFA Cup with Bolton and the Champions League the next season then he could be put in the same class as Mourinho.

He's just a loud mouth moron with mates in the media that will hype him up way beyond his actual abilities. I remember fatso Martin Samuel championing him for going abroad and proving himself oversees when he left Bolton.

they didn't really like curbishley with his iffy style of football, let alone sam and his percentage football

Get the distinct impression that the new blokes in charge of Blackburn don't have the first fucking clue what they're doing. Basically making it up as they go along.

Recipe for disaster and won't take much for them to be bang in trouble. :)

Get the distinct impression that the new blokes in charge of Blackburn don't have the first fucking clue what they're doing. Basically making it up as they go along.

Wow - that sounds eerily familiar.

Wow - that sounds eerily familiar.

:snod:

Couldn't find their own arses with both hands.

What a fucking daft conclusion. Bolton and Blackburn were teams built on sides with physically large players especially up front. The thick fat bastard Allardyce didn't have enough nous to adjust to the players we had and tried to implement his anti-football tactics with players who were bought for different qualities altogether. What a fucking thick cunt he was.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

For all the crap he sprouts, I can't fault this one: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/9278498.stm

Blackburn Rovers may have dispensed with the services of Sam Allardyce but the 56-year-old is still highly regarded for his innovative approach to the game.

And the former Blackburn, Newcastle and Bolton boss believes one way English football can help improve grassroots football in this country is making more of Mother Nature - by switching to the summer months.