Sam Allardyce

Thespence

We then went on a crap run where I don't think Allardyce would have picked up on, and I'm not convinced either that Allardyce would have turned it around to beat the likes of Fulham, Reading, Spurs & Sunderland. Whether it was by chance or genius, I'm not sure Allardyce would have stumbled upon the 4-3-3 that saved us.

I can't remember another manager in the history of the Premiership using a 4-3-3 in that style so I very much doubt he would have stumbled upon it, or Keegan did either.

That song is genius.  :clap2: It's not even the 1st verse, its the full billion minutes  :laugh: #the rot set in with Souness for definite imo. I'm still undecided with SA. He signed Abdullah Faye who was awesome imo. Could do with someone like him right now

Faye, Beye and Enrique were all excellent signings - Smith, Rosenahl, Viduka, Cacapa, Barton, Geremi not so good. Although Smith and Barton may yet offer us something.......

Guest neesy111

Is it not obvious by now that Ronaldo is always just looking for bites?

Nobody in their right mind would try to defend Allardyce's time with us.

starting to become the new NE5

Says you, who only signed up to the forum in the first place to have a go at Allardyce. :thup:

I'm by no means a fan of the guy, wouldn't want him anywhere near the club in an ideal world. But those saying we'd have got relegated don't really have a leg to stand on, the results and points tally from the first 5 months of the season strongly suggest that we'd have been safe with him.

How the fuck do you know why I signed up to the forum for, mystic meg or something

also how can you say that, when 17 of those points we're acquired by the end of october, so from november, december and 10 days of january we acquired 9 points

Is it not obvious by now that Ronaldo is always just looking for bites?

Nobody in their right mind would try to defend Allardyce's time with us.

starting to become the new NE5

Says you, who only signed up to the forum in the first place to have a go at Allardyce. :thup:

I'm by no means a fan of the guy, wouldn't want him anywhere near the club in an ideal world. But those saying we'd have got relegated don't really have a leg to stand on, the results and points tally from the first 5 months of the season strongly suggest that we'd have been safe with him.

i've mentioned performances a few times in this thread and you've never addressed it. i wonder why ?

Because nobody is disputing there were a fair few diabolical performances under Allardyce.

and you'll admit that quite often teams get relegated after ok'ish (points wise) starts to the season. given that could you see the performances getting better enough to get the extra required points ?

I could easily see us beating 4 out of Bolton, Boro, Blackburn, Fulham, Reading, Sunderland.

we'll have to disagree. you have to remember the way we played apart from your oft spouted everton game. that is pompey, wigan,derby, sunderland etc.

the way we were going i couldn't see us winning another game. no doubt we would have but i don't believe we'd have won enough to stop up.

Guest neesy111

I could easily see us beating 4 out of Bolton, Boro, Blackburn, Fulham, Reading, Sunderland.

how could you see us beating these lot, when we we're 4 minutes away from derby doing the double, answer that one?

wish i'd been the author...

http://roversreturn.net/2010/01/15/bohemian-rhapsody/

To the tune of Bohemian Rhapsody by Queen:

Is this Allardyce?

Or is this just fantasy?

Caught in a poor team,

Try to hoof it to victory,

Open your eyes,

Just stop telling lies and see,

Were just a poor team, we have no quality,

Because its easy come, easy go,

Just like that Elrio,

Any way the Blues scores, doesnt really matter to me,

To me.

Grella, just skinned a man,

Put the ball between his legs,

But he slipped and now hes dead.

Givets game has just begun,

But Nelsens gone and thrown it all away.

Roberts!!! Oooohh!!!

Didnt mean to make us lose,

He couldnt score if we played til tomorrow,

Carry on, carry on, cos we are Blackburn Rovers.

Big Sam, your time has come,

Sends shivers down my spine,

When you say that we played fine .

Goodbye, Morten Pedersen, youve got to go,

Gotta leave you far behind with your long throws.

Nikola!!! Oooohh!!! (anywhere the ball goes)

Im not gonna lie,

I sometimes wish youd never been bought at all.

I see a little overweight South African,

Benni Mac, Benni Mac, will you do a back heel.

Hoilett quick as lightning, Jacobsen is frightening me.

Franco Di Santo, Franco Di Santo

Franco Di Santo, Franco Di Santo Wheres the goal

I dont know

Were just a poor team, nobody likes us,

Hes just a right-back too old for madrid,

Spare me this game from this monstrosity.

Dunny, the window, please dont let him go,

Nzonzi, no, we will not let him go let him go

Nzonzi, we will not let him go let him go

Nzonzi, we will not let him go let him go

We will not let him go let him go

We will not let him go let him go

No, no, no, no, no, no, no.

David Dunn, David Dunn, David Dunn please dont go

Keith Andrews will you play it on the floor for me, for me, for me.

So you think that El Hadji wont spit in your eye,

Do you like it when Robinson kicks the ball high.

Oooohh Williams!!! Cant do this to us Williams!!!

Just get Sam out, just get sam right out of here.

Passing really matters,

Everyone can see,

Passin really matters, Passing really matters,

To me

Anywhere the ball goes

Superb, funny as fuck if the blackburn fans could sing that at the games.

how could you see us beating these lot, when we we're 4 minutes away from derby doing the double, answer that one?

and in that game derby were by far the better team.

I had never been as terrified of relegation as under Allardyce.

Obviously what happened after he left was even worse, but he was absolutely s****... no two ways about it.

:sadnod:

personally i think he'd have taken us down that season. then whinged, pissed and moaned about how it wasn't his fault.

the squad's morale was through the floor, the players were confused with what he wanted (as per that training video) he wasn't playing martins, who was our biggest goal threat. i doubt allardyce would have had the nous to play 3 up top like keegan did, he'd have stuck with lumping the ball long upfield and playing for draws

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/b/blackburn_rovers/9009565.stm

Terrifying thing is he's not joking, the fat headed arsehole. Could just see him stood at the side of the Bernabeu with his f***ing megaphone.

Wonder how Real Madrid fans would react at him taking the team to Levante and playing for the 0-0.

If anything his reign was too long.

Ahead of his team's clash with Fulham, the 55-year-old said: "I would be more suited to Inter Milan or Real Madrid.

"It wouldn't be a problem for me to manage those clubs because I would win the double or the league every time."

Although happy in his current role, Allardyce added: "Give me Manchester United or Chelsea and I would do the same, it wouldn't be a problem.

"It's not a problem to take me into the higher reaches of the Champions League or Premier League and would make my job a lot easier in winning it."

BAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Ahead of his team's clash with Fulham, the 55-year-old said: "I would be more suited to Inter Milan or Real Madrid.

"It wouldn't be a problem for me to manage those clubs because I would win the double or the league every time."

Although happy in his current role, Allardyce added: "Give me Manchester United or Chelsea and I would do the same, it wouldn't be a problem.

"It's not a problem to take me into the higher reaches of the Champions League or Premier League and would make my job a lot easier in winning it."

BAHAHAHAHAHAHA

How many fans would tollerate his minging football tho.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Probably be OK in Italy, since they adore their defensive death football more often than not. Though he'd still have to had at least one playmaker to excite the crowd!

I remember reading Stig Toftings book, where he described Sam Allardyce when he was in Bolton.

He said that if Bolton were behind at halftime, then Allardyce would spend the whole break yelling and screaming at the players, telling them how poor they were and everything instead of telling them what to do better :)