Sam Allardyce

Thespence

What's your thoughts on oneill atm brum? I know you wernt his biggest fan earlier in the season?

He's got some pretty iffy faults.

Tactically, he's pretty dodgy. He's predictable in his transfers, if the way we play doesnt work, we just keep on doing it, you can time his substiotutions to the minute, he's got a weird fixation will full backs and out of position players, we go through spells of playing awfully, but then start performing again.

He's incredibly frustrating, but no matter how annoying he is, he's hard to dislike.

You certainly can't argue with his results.

Doing an absolutely brilliant job at Villa. I'd kill for him here, gets the simple right first and then deals with the difficult as a good manager should. Really beginning to like Villa as a side, remind me of us of Champs Lge ere with Sir Bob.

We had some good results under Allardyce, as some want to forget.

Which results are the good ones then - the only turn around that we had under Allerdyce was actually managing to get a result away at Bolton. We managed to get butt-fucked at home against Portsmouth though. That was a good reversal of fortune after managing to hump them for the past couple of seaons....

Guest KeithKettleborough

Think we may well have down that season with Sam. Main reason is that I don't think we would have been as patient waiting for the turnaround as we were with KK. The boos and protests would have become much more vociferous and the confidence which KK gave the players (eventually) I doubt would have happened

We had some good results under Allardyce, as some want to forget.

Which results are the good ones then - the only turn around that we had under Allerdyce was actually managing to get a result away at Bolton.  We managed to get butt-f***ed at home against Portsmouth though.  That was a good reversal of fortune after managing to hump them for the past couple of seaons....

What?

Course we'd have gone down. His style of football just breeds negativity amoungst any fanbase with decent expectations for watching football.

The second that starts, results are going to suffer even futher than they were as a result of the football itself. He's a crap manager.

Under Allardyce in 07/08 we only won 2 games against teams who finished in the top half of the league and they were both home games, Everton who finished 5th and West Ham who finished 10th.

I'm not sure what you're getting at. But beating Everton at home was a good result, as was doing Fulham away.

By December we'd accumulated 26 points, that's hardly a blueprint for relegation.

Fulham finished 1 place above relegation and were equal on points with Reading who went down with a worse goal difference.

Did we beat any top 10 teams under Keegan? Nobody is arguing that Allardyce would have taken us to Europe man.

No but we did have our best away win under Keegan who had a horrific set of games to begin with and he inherited a team which had just drawn away to Stoke and lost 0-6 against Man U.

Nobody has said any different.

Will he take them down? No chance. Would he have taken us down? Same answer.

I can't say for certain that he would have taken us down but I can't see how you could say we had no chance of going down.

Don't see how any of that suggests he's have taken us down tbh, pointless arguement.

i think he'd have taken us down due to our performances getting worse and worse as the season went on from what wasn't a good level of performance to start. the everton game you mentioned being the best we played under him then as his style kicked in we had the likes of derby,pompey,liverpool,wigan. an even worse level of performance than last season.

Allardyce was purely lucky with us.

The number of last minute goals we got was ridiculous. If that hadnt continued (very likely it wouldnt) we'd have gone down. He's obviously doing better with blackburn (barely), but theres a different level of pressure on him there. Though even they are pushing now.

Keegan changed us into a completely different attacking side who outplayed opponents & didnt lose to anyone outside of the top 6/7.

Allardyce made us a side that wouldnt have won in 14 games if not for two injury time goals in successive games.

Completely identical yeah.

We lost those f***ing games and still survived, they're completely irrelevant to this arguement.

We didn't lose them all and that's why we stayed up, Allardyce wouldn't have tried to beat Spurs away and I doubt he'd have had the balls to send out the team which managed to put 3 past Reading, we'd have gone looking for a draw.

Keegan changed us into a completely different attacking side who outplayed opponents & didnt lose to anyone outside of the top 6/7.

Allardyce made us a side that wouldnt have won in 14 games if not for two injury time goals in successive games.

Completely identical yeah.

You're an absolute joker man, Allardyce won more points. I can understand that bothering you but there it is.