Players in public

Guest hindu times

Guest Heneage

Walking home from work, to the train station going down those new buildings with chinese on the corner, almost get hit by this big silver jeep, as I get ready to hurl my finest insults who gets out but Messers Butt and Duff.

Walking home from work, to the train station going down those new buildings with chinese on the corner, almost get hit by this big silver jeep, as I get ready to hurl my finest insults who gets out but Messers Butt and Duff.

Did they apologize for nearly hitting you?

It's funny how the shit ones categorise themselves and go around in groups.

Guest Heneage

Aye I got a sorry and a laugh as I was on my mobile andsaid "Ha Dad was only duff and butt no joke!" Followed by me Dad going "I bet Duff was driving he never hits the target".

Aye I got a sorry and a laugh as I was on my mobile andsaid "Ha Dad was only duff and butt no joke!" Followed by me Dad going "I bet Duff was driving he never hits the target".

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Was sitting in Nandos at The Gate after the match last night when Geremi came in with another bloke, 11:06pm he was turned away as they were closing for the night!!

was it his boyfriend???

Dunno, is he an uphill gardner?

Ah, I see.  Lucky b******!!  He was caught twice in 2 weeks at over 100 mph on the spine road!!  If that had been anyone else they would have been banned for a year!

no they would not have, not for speeding!

Guest rebel_yell12

I get the impression Carroll thinks he's made it. That might be harsh and based on very little but I don't think he'll ever make it and that's the worst type of footballer. Alan Shearer was allowed to be an arrogant sod.

Fully agree Wull, everything I've heard about him seems to suggest that when in theory is no more a young Premiership reserve like many others. Compare him with James Milner for example, when do you ever hear of him being a t***?

I remember reading an article from the London Times, I think, talking about the various experiences this journalist had had over the years interviewing footballers.  He stated that the players who have the right to be arrogant sods (ie Shearer) are the ones who were the easiest with whom to work.  I know he mentioned several "big name" players by name (Shearer, Terry, Gerrard, Beckham & Owen, of those I can easily recall) but the "mid-level" and "lower-level" Premiership players were generally the worst  -- he reckoned it was because the big name players are managed tightly (ie "taught" how to behave in an interview) and also have the most to risk if it is widely known that they are arrogant sods.  The lesser-lights, so to speak, don't need to worry about getting much bad press if they're just horrid c**ts.

Guest Heneage

Some of the "lower-level" players may also be a little concious they aren't as good as they really wish they were so over sell themselves/be arrogant twats to make up for it.

Dunno , I mean I went to school with one who ive just started talking to recently again as well as Baheng, both are down to earth lads.

Guest FlapjackJoe

Saw Tim Krul in Nando's in The Gate on Friday night with what I assumed to be his parents.

Hope he ran that one past the club dietician...

Saw Tim Krul in Nando's in The Gate on Friday night with what I assumed to be his parents.

Hope he ran that one past the club dietician...

Probably went on their advice, that kid could do with bulking up a bit.

Guest johnson293

Not a player sighting, but we took our son to Adventurelands (Kids soft play centre in Heaton) yesterday, and saw Derek Wright (Physio) in there.

For a big guy, he was well enjoying himself climbing all over the play frames with his bairn!  :lol:

Guest michaelfoster

Seen Chris Hughton today in Jesmond, he was in quite a nice car, but was driving quite quickly so wasnt sure whether it was a BMW or Porsche