Transfer rumours

Yorkie

How many proven 1 in 2 or 1 in 3 strikers of a decent age are there about at the moment?

Are there any that are realistically going to come to us?

I was thinking about this actually. If you assume the likes of Kane etc. are well beyond us which they are who would people go for in the £50m or more sort of bracket to take us on very quickly?

Obviously would need to be someone on the way up from France, Spain or Germany I guess.

How many proven 1 in 2 or 1 in 3 strikers of a decent age are there about at the moment?

I was thinking about this actually. If you assume the likes of Kane etc. are well beyond us which they are who would people go for in the £50m or more sort of bracket to take us on very quickly?

Obviously would need to be someone on the way up from France, Spain or Germany I guess.

I am sure I read Arsenal want to move on Alexandre Lacazette  who looking at his stats has been a 1-3 striker for them since he has been there, 29 this month good enough for us? Good buy depending on price?

Depending on manager/formation etc you either need two strikers or a striker and a number 10, don't mind the idea of buying an older player in one position and a hot prospect in the other. However have to be realistic as some players will simply not move for money and want European football which we are no where near.

If you mean risk free under say under 27 and already playing in the premier league then no chance and no one I also would suggest if your a 1 in 2 striker you will already be at a "next level" club on great wages so unless its something like falling out with a manager your unlikely to get one unless you unearth a gem.

If you mean going for someone either older (that we would hands down dismiss in the past) or someone from the other leagues who may move for a wage boost and there being a risk they do not replicate the same form I would argue there must be players out there like that.

Especially if we have an increased budget for that position as a lot of times our unwillingness to go for older or pay a premium have led to us dismiss players.

That's the problem - scouting is so good these days that up-and-coming players get snapped up at 18/19, put on massive wages - Haaland, Moise Kean, Martial, Mbappe.

There's no one in the championship good enough to make the step up and the bottom half of the PL is slim pickings as well.  Maybe an older player like Giroud or Rondon could work as a stop-gap?

My knowledge of European and world football is crap since i stopped playing football manager  :lol: so i'm sure there must be some names out there.

That's where having Rafa back would pay dividends - he seems to have a massive knowledge of players/leagues and which players would fit into his system effectively, regardless of age.

If you mean risk free under say under 27 and already playing in the premier league then no chance and no one I also would suggest if your a 1 in 2 striker you will already be at a "next level" club on great wages so unless its something like falling out with a manager your unlikely to get one unless you unearth a gem.

If you mean going for someone either older (that we would hands down dismiss in the past) or someone from the other leagues who may move for a wage boost and there being a risk they do not replicate the same form I would argue there must be players out there like that.

Especially if we have an increased budget for that position as a lot of times our unwillingness to go for older or pay a premium have led to us dismiss players. 

Agree with this. Should be able to pick up a 30-32 yr old striker of pedigree for a reasonable price, especially post-Covid where clubs will be keen to get some income. Players in their early 30s are still in their prime, but often clubs want to move them on so they can invest in younger talents.

That's the problem - scouting is so good these days that up-and-coming players get snapped up at 18/19, put on massive wages - Haaland, Moise Kean, Martial, Mbappe.

There's no one in the championship good enough to make the step up and the bottom half of the PL is slim pickings as well.  Maybe an older player like Giroud or Rondon could work as a stop-gap?

My knowledge of European and world football is crap since i stopped playing football manager  :lol: so i'm sure there must be some names out there.

Certainly not disagreeing about the youth they are either already silly prices with little to no experience/consistency or are already playing at a club that is deemed next level either challenging for honours in their home leagues or in Europe.

However not all players get a chance to play in these big clubs always moving onto the next hot property that always lends to some of them moving away from becoming disillusioned or wanting that pay increase.

I don't see a lot of football now I am a dad of 2 little ones but I do know we have a better chance attracting and find them with a better manager and more money on the table for the potential selling club and the player themselves.

When he hear release clauses of 60/70/80 million based on a budget suggested of 150/200 it is possible to bid for these players and not break the bank (if they want to move to you of course).

Guest Carrick18

I'm all for this. The sight of half-a-dozen Newcastle shirts when I have a kick-about in New York is exactly what I want.

Agree with this. Should be able to pick up a 30-32 yr old striker of pedigree for a reasonable price, especially post-Covid where clubs will be keen to get some income. Players in their early 30s are still in their prime, but often clubs want to move them on so they can invest in younger talents.

its important to weigh up positive and negatives you don't want journeymen you don't want to be offering long deals to 32/33 year olds on massive wages as you cannot shift them.

Accepting your not going to turn a profit on an older player but that's not to say a 30/31/32 year old cannot add value to your squad.

If the big clubs move onto the next 22/23 year old break out star that should be leaving an ideal opportunity to take their older stars finding themselves down the pecking order.

If we can get that and the next big thing as well then great but all about being realistic and still a little cautious in our signings.

What's HTT gonna do if we sign an actual Mexican?

Start a hilarious in-joke about him being Brazilian?

and then keep banging it out relentlessly in a tragic belief that it's building his online rep. :jesuswept:

Guest Howaythetoon

Colombo

Guest Howaythetoon

and then keep banging it out relentlessly in a tragic belief that it's building his online rep. :jesuswept:

You mean I have an online rep? :lol:

Fucking hell, the standard of posts/members on here hasn’t half went down since Dave left...

Fucking hell, the standard of posts/members on here hasn’t half went down since Dave left...

Commendable self awareness there!

If we do get taken over - think we could really have some steals in the market with the pressure on ownership clubs.

I think the genuine class players are still going to cost a fair bit of money, but we'll be one of the few clubs prepared to pay a bit over the top. Whether that's fees or wages. I'm thinking deals similar to the Ibrahimovic one to Man U.

Your rep is for 1000 word essays man, stick to that and leave the Mexican jokes quietly to one side henceforth.  O0