Transfer rumours

Yorkie

Anyone seen the film Local Hero ?

Yes. Why do you ask? :lol:

Remember the scene when some of the locals are discussing what they are going to buy before their land has even been sold.

The Zaha output thing should really be given more consideration by Newcastle fans like :lol:

Palace are a pretty defensive team, creation stats are down at the bottom near us afaik.

Same excuses we were using for ASM and Almiron apply to him imo. Stick him in a more expansive team you're likely to get more out of him, though there is the chance he's only effective in that kind of setup and wouldn't suit a possession team. I'm really not 100% sure personally.

The Zaha output thing should really be given more consideration by Newcastle fans like :lol:

Palace are a pretty defensive team, creation stats are down at the bottom near us afaik.

Same excuses we were using for ASM and Almiron apply to him imo. Stick him in a more expansive team you're likely to get more out of him, though there is the chance he's only effective in that kind of setup and wouldn't suit a possession team. I'm really not 100% sure personally.

For the money he'd cost I think we could do a lot better.

Zaha is a whiny little cheating prick, but very good at what he does. So much so I’d say Palace are relegation fodder without him and why they command such a high fee for him. For me it depends on where we’re going as a team. If we’re looking to defend well and counter then as an outlet he’s ace, if we’re intending to dominate and see more of the ball he loses his impact and for me why he never made it at manure (apart from being very young)

I’d prefer us to be looking at someone who can score goals provided by the outlet and use asm and Or Almiron in that role. I also can’t see Zaha leaving London for any team, so pretty much ain’t happening.

Guest Carrick18

To be a great big massive nerd for a second. I bet his possession usage numbers are similar to Depay at PSV. You either run everything through him or you don't get a good return.

Remember the scene when some of the locals are discussing what they are going to buy before their land has even been sold.

:lol:

The church scene was one of my favourites.

I would hate Zaha just because I despise his antics so much. But I imagine he's quite a lot less annoying when he's play for your team.

Don't know, I was getting the hump with Miggy when he overplayed it (despite it being an accepted 'art' in Sth America).

Anyone Newcastle fan who wouldn't be happy with adding Zaha to this squad has nowt between the ears.

I was planning on spending more time/money at the FCC... :lol:

Sticking with what I said earlier. Very overrated particularly at that price. Rather go for Willian on a Free for a couple of year with my Moneyball head on. I’ll let it slide saying you said Squad not Team :lol:

Lunatic!

Willian wouldn't be the worst shout tbh.

The church scene was one of my favourites.

Apart from the US based bits which have to be there for context, its one long scene for me. In fact I'm gonna watch it now. Cheers.

Zaha, Almiron and ASM + a proper striker would scare the shite out of most defences.

Yeah none of them score enough goals though.

Would look amazing running and dribbling, but in terms of end product ?

I think the "proper striker" bit is key. Say Ronaldo 96-97.

Zaha, Almiron and ASM + a proper striker would scare the shite out of most defences.

Have you just plucked possibly the best season from one of the three greatest players of all time and said "that's what we need"?

Have you just plucked possibly the best season from one of the three greatest players of all time and said "that's what we need"?

Yeah.  :lol:

A proven 1 in 3 striker proven as in more than one season or more than one team. Ideally we would have a 1 in 3 or 1 in 4 number 10 to back them up but being very wishful.

I also don't have any names but surely that is a realistic goal if spending around the 60/70 million mark again the budget spend is total guess work.

How many proven 1 in 2 or 1 in 3 strikers of a decent age are there about at the moment?

Are there any that are realistically going to come to us?

If you mean risk free under say under 27 and already playing in the premier league then no chance and no one I also would suggest if your a 1 in 2 striker you will already be at a "next level" club on great wages so unless its something like falling out with a manager your unlikely to get one unless you unearth a gem.

If you mean going for someone either older (that we would hands down dismiss in the past) or someone from the other leagues who may move for a wage boost and there being a risk they do not replicate the same form I would argue there must be players out there like that.

Especially if we have an increased budget for that position as a lot of times our unwillingness to go for older or pay a premium have led to us dismiss players.