NUFC : Next Manager (Bruce is here forever)

Guest The Little Waster

Nufc Next Manager : Poch or Rafa ?  

343 members have voted

1. 1. Nufc Next Manager : Poch or Rafa ?

• Pochettino
    • Rafa

Has to be Rafa for me regardless of what level of investment is going to be put into the club.

If the investment is significant anyone else that would never have touched us with a barge pole previously is here only for the money.

It may read overly dramatic but Rafa gave me my club back when I’d all but lost the love for it. I believed in his vision and with any level of investment with an intention to be better I believe he is the right man to execute it.

Not true. How about ambition? Top managers want to go places where they can win trophies, and you can't hold that against them. Poch would never have considered us under Ashley, but I could see him being attracted if he thought he could compete with the best.

Bloody hell, are people actually saying give Bruce a chance? Christ

Idiots online mainly. The same lot who couldn't be arsed with Rafa's 'boring football', no doubt.

A young, new-age coach from the continent would be nice. But Benitez would almost certainly be my (and probably the new regime's) first choice. He deserves it, if nothing else.

I'd love Rafa back but can't see it given his release clause at Dalian is reportedly £20m+. Mauricio Pochettino is the next dream - but unless we're about to spend crazy money, not sure he'd come here. Allegri would obviously be another great option. Left field name I'd throw in would be Chris Wilder - done an exceptional job wherever he has been, though obviously nowhere near the experience of some of the names touted.

He got Staveley involved in 2017

He got the 'Cloob'

He got the area

He got the fans

He deserves a chance when he would be actually backed by ambitious owners and I couldn’t think of anyone better to build up the whole infrastructure of NUFC from its current desolate standards thanks to the neglect of the soon-to-be gone owner!

BRING HIM HOME!

Thing is with Dalian, Rafa could probably hand pick a great successor, and develop some sort of feeder club partnership where he acts as a club consultant for them whilst managing us

He got Staveley involved in 2017

He got the 'Cloob'

He got the area

He got the fans

He deserves a chance when he would be actually backed by ambitious owners and I couldn’t think of anyone better to build up the whole infrastructure of NUFC from its current desolate standards thanks to the neglect of the soon-to-be gone owner!

BRING HIM HOME!

Just some food for thought here, but we have seen Klopp sweep all before him this season with his rampaging attacking style, and Pochettino was having a lot of success for a few seasons at Spurs with a similar ethos. Emotions aside, do you think there might be a thought that the more cautious managers like Mourinho and Rafa are now considered old fashioned?

For me, Rafa will always be a good bet for winning cup competitions, but the new owners might be looking at winning the Premier within a few years.

No. I want Steve Bruce. To fail miserably. :lol:

If this is a big project, in terms of rebuilding the club, from top to bottom and if it ties in with investments in the city, it has to be Rafa. Some narrow minded folks will only remember him for his 'type' of football based on what he had handed to him when he was here. But for the city and the club's progress, Rafa was more than just a football manager.

Give him the job. He has unfinished business. Owh..somehow can we keep Richard Hairy Keys quiet too when it does happen. Any ideas Saudis??

Got a feeling it’s going to be a biggie. Possibly something leftfield like a timberlake or ga-ga.  Rafa would be sweet. If the season is abandoned then Bruce won’t see another season that’s for certain.

Absolutely want rafa if it goes through, perfect to take us forward and out of our current situation.  Knows what it's all about, he could come back and we wouldn't even realise he'd been gone.

He done so much for us with his hands tied behind his back and deserves a chance (assuming he'd actually want to come back) to show the nuggets who doubted him what the real issue was in his time here.

I'm still trying to be sceptical but fuck me, please please please let this takeover go through.

I don't know of anyone that is better than Rafa in respect of tactics, studying the opposition and changing things mid-game if needed. There may well be some out there, probably is, but I don't know them.

Let's not forget Rafa dismantled Poch on the 16-05-16 5-1

However he also said, when linked with the Everton and Arsenal vacancies in December 2020.

“I can be very clear – there is no chance I will come back now because I’m really happy. I’m really pleased (Dalian Yifang) trust me. We have a lot of staff working on a big, big project. We want to leave a legacy and it’s a challenge for me. I’m quite happy at the moment."

Outside of Klopp and Pep, Poch's Spurs played the most attractive football in the premier league, Leicester are emerging with good football, and a while back Napoli were immense under Sarri, but his Chelsea side were rather dull.

I'm inclined to say Poch, but Rafa is also obviously a fan favourite and a wonderful bloke.

I don't know of anyone that is better than Rafa in respect of tactics, studying the opposition and changing things mid-game if needed. There may well be some out there, probably is, but I don't know them.

Let's not forget Rafa dismantled Poch on the 16-05-16 5-1

However he also said, when linked with the Everton and Arsenal vacancies in December 2020.

“I can be very clear – there is no chance I will come back now because I’m really happy. I’m really pleased (Dalian Yifang) trust me. We have a lot of staff working on a big, big project. We want to leave a legacy and it’s a challenge for me. I’m quite happy at the moment."

There's nothing to come back to anyway at the moment. In all likelihood China will be back to normal as far as football goes than we will.

Outside of Klopp and Pep, Poch's Spurs played the most attractive football in the premier league, Leicester are emerging with good football, and a while back Napoli were immense under Sarri, but his Chelsea side were rather dull.

I'm inclined to say Poch, but Rafa is also obviously a fan favourite and a wonderful bloke.

I think it'd take Pochettino a little longer than Rafa or Allegri to get us the way he wants to play and regularly winning games due to how we've been playing for the last 3 years.