DeAndre Yedlin (now playing for Inter Miami)

Ameritoon

I'm getting close to Danny Simpson levels of annoyance now. He's absolutely cack.

Yep, he's there. No talent and no brains. Probably the shittest player in the team, and I include Ritchie in that too.

Said it before and I’ll say it again - not good enough to be a PL starter. Would make a decent squad player but shouldn’t be relied on as first choice right back.

Guest godzilla

Neither full back are good going forward and are very suspect defensively. If Rafa stays and plays the same system we need to upgrade otherwise you're always going to be fighting a losing battle. Unfortunately though it's not the only position we need to upgrade and Ashley won't provide the amount of money required either.

A lot of our game plan depends on giving the ball wide for him but he's one of the most useless players i've ever seen with a ball, i don't understand, he must train so much with the ball and in this position and still seem to be unable to do anything useful with it during 90 minutes.

Useless eh? He created two fantastic chances for Rondon going forward. He seems good enough at a decent delivery or two a game. He made a mistake that most people do in this league with Zaha. It was a poor decision to do that and he lost us the match. He’s not as terrible as people make out, but do agree we need a better player there to progress as a club. But useless. Give over.

If Rafa stays (LOL) and wants to persist with playing wing backs. Then these are the positions that need addressing the most. Even if he reverts to a back 4. We still don’t have good enough options there.  We need to spend big (DOUBLE LOL) on at least one decent full back.

Always liked Yedlin. But the same as Ritchie, he puts in a lot of effort and has the odd good game or moment. But neither are good enough.

Guest Howaythetoon

He’s had a descent season and had a good game IMO constantly getting forward, just undone by that one moment of stupidity that cost us. He’s the least of our problems, it’s the entire midfield that needs looked at first.

I would say both. Yedlin is a good runner and gets up and down the pitch, but he struggles to contribute consistently to attacks. Which is really required in our system.

That said, Man City had to spend £150 million on fullbacks, so we may not be able to upgrade with any certainty.

• 4 weeks later...