Steve Brute

LoveItIfWeBeatU

Apparently he has turned down the offer of a 'resignation but you'll still get a decent payoff' option and is staying until he gets sacked.

Graeme Jones appointment was a punishment of sorts. Feel they'll be more of these things happening in the next few weeks.

I don't know what Jones' situation was down at Bournemouth but why on earth would you leave a job and come and join an utter shit show of a situation like this.

I bet the tension around the club is palpable.

More money?

That will likely be it, and as Collage says, it's his club too.

I just struggle to understand why someone would choose to leave a job for another one where the atmosphere is clearly going to be toxic from the beginning.

He must have skin thick enough to cope with it .

IF Ashley was so close to sacking him that he offered him to resign and he rejected, Ashley would sack him anyway and make him fight for his money after the fact, especially if a takeover is on the horizon.

His pay off is fuck all, any loan deal coming in will cost more. We paid £5m to loan Kennedy for a season after paying £1.8m for 4 months the season earlier. Couple of million max, or risk relegation and £350m...hmmm...tough decision.

My opinion is that Ashley thinks this is just form and a couple of loans will pull it back on track, especially with a decent points gap, and that is more worrying.

I’ve just watched that interview and I don’t get the impression he believes he’s been brought here just to be a coach.

If that is the case then so be it and let him get started rather than keeping up this car crash.

IF Ashley was so close to sacking him that he offered him to resign and he rejected, Ashley would sack him anyway and make him fight for his money after the fact, especially if a takeover is on the horizon.

His pay off is fuck all, any loan deal coming in will cost more. We paid £5m to loan Kennedy for a season after paying £1.8m for 4 months the season earlier. Couple of million max, or risk relegation and £350m...hmmm...tough decision.

My opinion is that Ashley thinks this is just form and a couple of loans will pull it back on track, especially with a decent points gap, and that is more worrying.

The fact Bruce is following Rafa won’t help. There’s no way Ashley will want to admit he was wrong not to back Rafa and back Bruce instead. He should already be embarsssed and ashamed about spending £40m on Joelinton when Rafa told him

Not too.

Totally agree. You don't bring in more troops if you're planning a coup.

Ashley is backing his man.

Will be funny when we lose the next two and the fat pricks are staring down the barrel.

Cunts.

But Bruce has been on a hiding to nowt since he started. He was ushered in the back door to no fanfare because near absolutely no one wanted him.

He has since went on to do a good old destroy and exit without the exit. Imo he will never ever turn this fan base around, he literally comes across like he has zero connection to the area other than his shit accent.

I think MA wanting him to resign is more to save face. Then the blame can be on the nasty Newcastle fans that made Bruce's life miserable.

MA is probably trying to avoid the ridiculous situation of having to sack a manager he paid compensation for a little over a year ago.

Who was it I bet we would finish 6 pts or more above 18th and Bruce and Ashley to both be here come August?

With the impending arrival of choudory and ASM back I’m very confident on winning that!

A lot of people have forgotten how bad ASM was looking prior to getting injured, just because he came on and ran around a bit against an open Leeds team.

Go back to the ASM thread and read up on how he was being labelled as lazy and not having enough end product just before he got injured.

Most teams at the time were just doubling up on him as they knew he was all we had, and it will be the same again this time around.

Just watched the Jones interview.

I do remember them doing this type of thing in the past with new staff members but this seems dressed up more. Really comes across like he has come in as a special advisor/DOF almost to oversee things from the way he is talking. Absolutely crystal clear this wasn't Bruce bringing him in. God only knows what the end game is. I can't believe Ashley/Prospective owners want him in charge but someone definitely identified him and wanted him specifically brought in. Certainly points towards Martinez being the longterm choice for whomever will be running the club. Could just be total coincidence. Someone has very purposely chosen, gone after and paid considerable money for Jones though, when there are plenty others on the trash pile not needing compensation.

I do remember them doing this type of thing in the past with new staff members but this seems dressed up more. Really comes across like he has come in as a special advisor/DOF almost to oversee things from the way he is talking. Absolutely crystal clear this wasn't Bruce bringing him in. God only knows what the end game is. I can't believe Ashley/Prospective owners want him in charge but someone definitely identified him and wanted him specifically brought in. Certainly points towards Martinez being the longterm choice for whomever will be running the club. Could just be total coincidence. Someone has very purposely chosen, gone after and paid considerable money for Jones though, when there are plenty others on the trash pile not needing compensation.

I would certainly hope Martinez wouldn’t be the choice of any prospective buyers.

Apparently he has turned down the offer of a 'resignation but you'll still get a decent payoff' option and is staying until he gets sacked.

Graeme Jones appointment was a punishment of sorts. Feel they'll be more of these things happening in the next few weeks.

After a hard morning on the training ground - most of which was spent picking bits of chicken from his teeth - Stephen Roger Bruce retreated to the canteen to indulge in his favourite dinnertime meal...

newcastle_united_head_coach_steve_bruce_arrives_during_the_premi_1278948.jpg

But oh no! What's this? That evil swine Michael James Wallace Ashley intervened and ordered that butter be taken off the menu! "What? M-m-m-marger? Magar-what? Margarine?" said Stephen Roger Bruce, his voice beginning to crack.

5ea.png

As a solitary tear rolled down his cheek, Stephen Roger Bruce walked back to his office.

Good luck, Stephen Roger Bruce, good luck.

_116222201_brucepa.jpg

Another (long) piece on Jones if anyone’s interested:

https://www.coachesvoice.com/graeme-jones-luton-town-roberto-martinez/

"Wigan was always going to work out for us thanks to the backing of Dave Whelan.

A lot of clubs could take inspiration from his way of working. Assess the people you’re hiring. Are they good at what they do? Are they committed? Creative? Then stick by them.

With Mr Whelan’s backing, we had the comfort to work as we wished. Three times we were bottom, or joint-bottom, of the Premier League with 10 games of the season left. Three times we escaped relegation. The consistency of our work always came through in the end."

I'm not sure that's my definition of "working out"

I would certainly hope Martinez wouldn’t be the choice of any prospective buyers.

I agree. It would be underwhelming (fully realising the irony and beggars can't be choosers scenario here). If the takeover went through we could surely have a choice of better managers.

Certainly reckon he would want another crack at the premier league and with money backing. Also if the Poch rumours were true over Rafa, the prospective owners want a mangers that will play front foot attacking football. Still must be a plethora of better choices. I don't why Martinez would do any better here than he did at Everton?

I’d be quite happy with Martinez tbh.

Would be a huge victory and jump us light years in comparison to where we are at but still underwhelming if the takeover went through.

I'm no huge Martinez fan but he's a million times the manager Steve Cabbage head is. We literally couldn't play any worse than we currently are so any change of manager will be a positive.

This is where I am.