Fabian Schär

Possibly the classiest CB in the Premier League at the moment. Defensively he's great, his passing is ridiculous, he's skillful and he has a rocket of a shot on him.

I struggle to think of another CB in the league who has all of those attributes?  The only other one that springs to mind is David Luiz.

He’d be absolutely perfect for a club like PSG and their league.

He would look even better on the ball in a 70% possession side where the opposition drop back and don’t press the centre backs.

I think most the Top sides would benefit having a player with the skill set that Schar has who can bring the ball out and start the moves :thup:

Fernandez did a good job when he came in. Dummett has done an excellent job covering for Lejeune, and we still have Clarke ready to step in for either of the healthy CBs if needed. :lol:

would say it was highly notiecable after he went off (and then obviously without him or lejeune in the team) how much more difficult we're going to find it to distribute the ball effectively from deep for the next few games

If Schar is out I’d bring Clark in, no one to play out from the back otherwise. Could just see him going 4 at the back last few games.

Hope not our record in 4411 compared to 3421 is shocking.

I think if we play the 3/5 Brighton will find it very hard to get more than 1 against us given they have failed to score in their last 6 games.

Not sure we have the 2 goals in us to win it though with Almiron out I think we will see a massive drop in our attacking play :(

• 3 weeks later...