Fabian Schär

Ritchie has put in plenty of quality crosses this season, in amongst plenty of poor crosses. He’d be a lot more productive if we had strikers that made strikers’ runs.

Yedlin, on the other hand has terrible delivery (I would argue Dummett has a better cross) and also wouldn’t get the space he is afforded making forward runs as a right back, if played on the wing. I think any effectiveness he has would be nullified.

Aye, this.

Dummett has put in a few very good crosses this season, Yedlin often over hits them, it's really an area he needs to work on as he's very good at getting into the position to deliver. Ritchie however is certainly the best crosser of the ball out of the three mentioned players.

Yedlin has more assists and key passes than Paulie D this season, as he did last.

Whilst his delivery is generally not the best he is absolutely vital to how we attack.

Getting back on topic, I was impressed with Schär but that 45 mins is not enough to go on. Calling for him to be a first choice is a little premature IMO. From what I’ve heard and read he usually has a rick in him.

Yedlin has more assists and key passes than Paulie D this season, as he did last.

Whilst his delivery is generally not the best he is absolutely vital to how we attack.

Getting back on topic, I was impressed with Schär but that 45 mins is not enough to go on. Calling for him to be a first choice is a little premature IMO. From what I’ve heard and read he usually has a rick in him.

If that 45mins is a good representation of how he plays, I can see how he may be prone to making errors. He was very aggressive in trying to get to the ball first and he also was aggressive in bringing the ball out of defensive and then making a move forward off the ball. Whilst he played very well and everything came off, those sort of players will obviously eventually make a few fuck ups.

If that 45mins is a good representation of how he plays, I can see how he may be prone to making errors. He was very aggressive in trying to get to the ball first and he also was aggressive in bringing the ball out of defensive and then making a move forward off the ball. Whilst he played very well and everything came off, those sort of players will obviously eventually make a few fuck ups.

As far as I’m aware it is. Tbh I quite like that type of defender but it’s usually the kind that struggles at first in PL as the physicality is a bit more so they can get turned as they try to nip infront of their man. Coloccini and Koscielny being two that spring to mind that needed to learn this.

I still think Richie would be a better central midfielder.

His first touch and awareness just aren't really good enough. Ball bounces off him too often so would be a nightmare in a congested part of the pitch and just doesn't seem to know where defenders are unless he's facing right at them.

Schar ever played defensive mid?

:lol:

The question that gets asked about any decent CB who can kick a football.

Still emotionally wounded from when I went to Villa away years ago, and Colo played Defensive Mid in a horrific 1-0 defeat.

Shefki Kuqi up front for last 10 mins  :embarrassed:

Ritchie has been awful all season tbh

No he hasn't.

Sorry but he has. Works hard but offers nothing.

Agreed, Yedlin would do an equal if not better job if played in the same position. Plus you know he could track back if required.

If we signed a decent RB it would be interesting to see how Yedlin would fare as an all out attacking threat.. his pace would give defenders nightmares.

The most Ritchie does is charge down the right, do a little pirouette and then either play the ball back to defenders or to Shelvey (right beside the defenders)

He’s played one decent cross all season. Not good enough for a winger. Always have the feeling he’s going to get a booking every time he goes for the ball too.

He’s got that aggressive short man syndrome going on and no amount of shit haircuts will cover up the fact.

Yedlin as winger is one of the worst ideas I've ever heard.

Schar ever played defensive mid?

:lol:

The question that gets asked about any decent CB who can kick a football.

Still emotionally wounded from when I went to Villa away years ago, and Colo played Defensive Mid in a horrific 1-0 defeat.

Shefki Kuqi up front for last 10 mins  :embarrassed:

I was at that game. Grim doesn't even do it justice. Remember people actually cheering the introduction of Kuqi?

Nile Ranger up front.  :sad:

It was the worst game I've ever been to.

Ritchie has been awful all season tbh

No he hasn't.

Sorry but he has. Works hard but offers nothing.

Agreed, Yedlin would do an equal if not better job if played in the same position. Plus you know he could track back if required.

If we signed a decent RB it would be interesting to see how Yedlin would fare as an all out attacking threat.. his pace would give defenders nightmares.

The most Ritchie does is charge down the right, do a little pirouette and then either play the ball back to defenders or to Shelvey (right beside the defenders)

He’s played one decent cross all season. Not good enough for a winger. Always have the feeling he’s going to get a booking every time he goes for the ball too.

He’s got that aggressive short man syndrome going on and no amount of shit haircuts will cover up the fact.

:lol: Klinsmann tried this experiment years ago. Let’s not repeat it.