Fabian Schär

• 2 weeks later...

He's great on the ball like

I think most of our summer signings have potential which hasn't really been that evident so far, maybe because of our difficult start in the Premier, partly down to getting used to how we set up under Rafa which probably needs some getting used to. Just got to look at Lejeune's shaky start last season but he looked pretty class in the second half of the season.

Think he'll be decent once settled, as well. Definitely think Fernandez is the short-term answer though.

Yeah I've been really impressed by Fernandez, looks like he really likes the nuts and bolts side of defending AKA getting stuck in.

• 1 month later...

Enjoyed him getting needlessly involved with handbags.

Yeah it was mint, thought it was Fernandez at first.

I think it might have Fede who ploughed through Okaka a few moments later. Lovely old job.

Exactly the kind of centre-half we've been missing since Lejeune got injured. Lascelles and Fernandez have both largely defended well this season, it's just their distribution is often lacking. Today Schar actually allowed us to move from defence into midfield without it being an aimless clip down the line by one of our full backs.

Noting the limitations of our fullbacks, is there any mileage in going for a back three of Schar/Lacellles/Fernandez?

And drop Yedlin? Big mistake imo, he's a very, very important player for us, his covering is invaluable. Dummett is also one of our more consistent performers, I'd like to stay in a back 4 and have our 4 centre backs fight it out for the two spots. It's a healthy situation to be in.