Wor Flags: visit worflags.org.uk/donate to support future displays

wor jackie

Guest firetotheworks

It's excellent news for those of us waiting for the masses to see the f***ing light

Some would eat their own kids before they stopped going, but I hadn't thought about it being an incentive for some to finally draw the line.

Those flags might have ruined the evening for real fans who went along to boo vile soft cunts like Perez. Well done the club. Support the regime not the team.

Tbf to the 52,000 Brexit loving nonces, Perez got a good round of appreciation going off yesterday. We've all taken a New Years resolution to no longer be raging xenophobes.

I reckon it looks alright, and if we were a normal club then I wouldn't mind it. But as it stands, we're getting fucked repeatedly by our owner and nee1 is willing to make a stand, so it's just a shrug o the shoulders for me. Who cares if it's the end of it if you actually manage to say something.

Guest chopey

Shame you all feel that way, we got a great reaction from fans around us .

If we ever do an anti Ashley banner that'll be the end if it and tbh we love doing the displays but hey ho can't win them all !

Your dedication to the manufacture of the flags and trying to create a positive atmosphere is admirable, your misreading of the current situation is worrying for any form of future protest.

Don't listen to the nonsense Jackie, the effort is massively appreciated and has vastly improved the match day experience in the Gallowgate. Keep up the good work.

There will always be dissenters who would sooner moan from a distance than make any attempt at positive change themselves. Doylums. Supreme doylums.

Seems to be a lot of attention in here on the Wor Flags flag rather than focusing on the fact that the club destroyed £4.5k worth of fan-funded flags and booted them out of the stadium in the process.

Shame you all feel that way, we got a great reaction from fans around us .

If we ever do an anti Ashley banner that'll be the end if it and tbh we love doing the displays but hey ho can't win them all !

Yeah, you're right. Any anti-Ashley sentiment and it'll be the end of your displays.

Newcastle-United-v-Burnley-Premier-League.jpg

40379ef7616daca76e051a15cfa408b4

Don't listen to the nonsense Jackie, the effort is massively appreciated and has vastly improved the match day experience in the Gallowgate. Keep up the good work .

There will always be dissenters who would sooner moan from a distance than make any attempt at positive change themselves. Doylums. Supreme doylums.

No one has suggested anything to the contrary. The flag groups have received massive amounts of well-earned praise for their marvellous efforts over the past couple of seasons, both from people who attend SJP and from people who don't. Most of the displays have been undoubtedly tremendous; some folk just don't rate this particular message, because it's small-time and has no real relevance to anything. That tweet was a bit melty n'all, like. No one's looking at it. :lol: Some didn't like it when they held Lascelles' flag up either, immediately after he had a little dig at protesters (i.e. people like you and Wor Flags who believe they're doing something to make a positive change). There's no overarching moan about WF here, as far as I can see. The time they put in is remarkable and clearly improves the matchday experience.

I think the flags and banners are brilliant and the people who dedicate so much time and effort to their production deserves huge debt of gratitude. Those who sit and snipe from a distance are by and large wankers. I took my 9 year old to his first match on Weds and his face before the kick off looking in awe at the surfer and banner in the GG as well as the Leazes flags and general cacophony is something that’ll stay with me for years :)

Aye, don't get me wrong, the flags have been brilliant, i like everything about wor flags and what they do, apart from this one, and also the Lascelles thing, i thought it should have been left out.

If they don’t want to be anti Ashley either that’s fine, there’s a a real opportunity to be. There’s little to put faith in club side however because it’s all of these lads backs so I would advise them not to be surprised when this kind of stuff happens.

Seems to be a lot of attention in here on the Wor Flags flag rather than focusing on the fact that the club destroyed £4.5k worth of fan-funded flags and booted them out of the stadium in the process.

Seems to have been a bit of a wild over-exaggeration in terms of that story...

As it happens I don't take much notice of Twitter comments etc but I do on here as I see you all as quite a sensible bunch ( honest) , we got a bit of a bollocking about the Rafa Spanish and keegan banners but not too bad. We were more or less told any more and we'd be gone so we all sat down and discussed the way forward , we decided to keep positive inside but not outside , hence the hope, honesty , contempt and house of Benitez banners.and various stunts down the quayside and Tyne bridge.

As it happens every WF member was at every protest, the last one being nearly exclusively WF members as no one else seemed bothered and out of the 20 members every one was going to boycott and some still did.

The comments on here will be noted and I'll pass them on as constructive criticism is a good thing. We do try to gauge the support and yes maybe the lascelles thing we got wrong ( it was 50/50 btw) , personally I loved the last one simply because I hate the way the media call them United but again that's purely a personal thing. I'll admit I wasn't a fan of the tweet, I'd prefer to leave it at the image.

Again I must emphasis we are not a secret group or anything , none of us knew each other before this malarkey so if any of you want to join of help out just shout.