Video Assistant Referees (VAR)

Figures 1-0 Football
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

We're definitely getting shafted if we're in the Premier League next year like. No doubt. :lol:

This is true with or without VAR.  We're makeweights in the PL now and are absolutely interchangeable with any other English club that isn't in the 'Big Six'. The FA would happily fuck us over to help out one of the 'Big clubs'.  VAR doesn't change this, it just means that the FA will have to find away to allow their bent refs to favour the big clubs without being caught out by VAR.

I genuinely can't wrap my head around how genuine football fans thinks this is good news. Did its absolute best to ruin what otherwise was a class World Cup IMO.

Definitely didn’t ruin and probably improved the World Cup. The penalty scenario near the start was because of stupid players not var

I genuinely can't wrap my head around how genuine football fans thinks this is good news. Did its absolute best to ruin what otherwise was a class World Cup IMO.

It was 100% the best thing about the World Cup. Rules actually were enforced.

Except when they weren't :lol: Partly because of their own "Clear and Obvious Mistakes" rule, which wasn't enforced at all, but mostly the stoppage time rule was just completely ignored. Don't remember which game, but there was a game when there should have been about 8 minutes of stoppage time in the last 10 minutes alone, and barely none was given.

Anyone thinking this will lead to fairer games with fewer big decisions being given to big teams are in for a rude awakening IMO, it's just another step towards the big teams not missing out on a late penalty.

How did it ruin the World Cup? :lol: There was a few bad decisions but much less than there would have been without it

Can’t understand a Newcastle fan not wanting VAR

Guest firetotheworks

Because other genuine football fans think it improved the World Cup? It needs ironed out, but VAR at the World Cup was generally seen as a success and with good reason.

I thought VAR might make the game fairer and that surely they couldn't just disregard the 'clear and obvious error' concept. But if the World Cup final was anything to go by, it'll just be another corrupt tool to manipulate games as you see fit if the little side is going against the script. I think the game is becoming increasingly corrupt and this only hands more power to influence results. In theory it should be good news but it ruined the world cup final.

but mostly the stoppage time rule was just completely ignored. Don't remember which game, but there was a game when there should have been about 8 minutes of stoppage time in the last 10 minutes alone, and barely none was given.

That isn't VAR's fault, it's the referee's

Teams deliberatley make subs in or just before stoppage time if they are winning as they know the refs never add all the time on.

Refs not having a backbone isn't VAR's fault.

Great way to disrupt the game if somebody is getting close to an equaliser against one of the big clubs.

In what way?

Seriously? Ok.

Take our recent game against Man U, If we could have stopped the game for 5 mins at the end and thenonly added 3 stoppages, we would have come away with a point.

That doesn't make any sense. You can't just randomly stop the game ffs.

Exactly, it's only going to be used in game changing moments, a red card that maybe got missed, a goal that should have been allowed/ disallowed. If a team is try to get VAR to be used, it'll likely be for a red card offense, so it'll ultimately be a detriment of said team.

You all seem to be assuming that I mean it can be exploited by the team winning.

It can't be exploited by either team, only the officials on the pitch in conjunction with those in front of the screen can bring the use of VARS.

Not sure what your point is really in regard to delaying the game, for the gain of whatever team that might be.