Completely ignoring the rules of the game, I'd go with the following top 5:

HBA

Solano

Robert

Ginola

Gillespie

Solano

Ginola

Robert/HBA. Can't decide. Similar temperaments as well.

Gillespie

HBA not really a winger so hard to compare.

I've never agreed with the idea that he 'did nothing for entire games' then pop up with something. He was a decent all-rounder in addition to his explosive pace, skill and shooting ability. He could pass and he could carry the ball and was so often the best player on the park for us even when he wasn't doing something really meaningful in the final third.

He was fucking class, a joy from the moment he got here until, well, a bit before he left. He was dicked around by a clueless manager who didn't know how to use him properly, of course, but he probably could have been more professional.

To think he went to Hull. :lol: Christ. Lad was a world beater on his day.

• 4 weeks later...

Who was it that Ben Arfa megged from 10 yards away and does a video clip exist?

Keiran Richardson, nut megged twice in the game irrc but the ten yard one was brilliant.

That 2nd half performance from him during that game was immense

Sometimes I'll stop mid day and watch that touch from the Tiote cross field pass and think about seeing him in that car on the way to fucking Hull.

Sometimes I'll stop mid day and watch that touch from the Tiote cross field pass and think about seeing him in that car on the way to fucking Hull.

:lol: smiling and waving as if he'd never even heard of Ant & Dec and stottie cakes.

:lol: smiling and waving as if he'd never even heard of Ant & Dec and stottie cakes.

:lol: One of the most inexplicable sports moments in my life filled with sports bullshit.

Better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all  xo

That was a good read that, and I agree that he was as good as anyone in the world on his day. My favourite player of all time, he embodies everything I loved football for as a kid, where in your area or local sunday league there was that one kid that everyone knew that was just levels above everyone else, seemed to possess a majestic quality, effortless & untouchable almost. Hatem managed to carry the ability to provoke that same feeling into professional football and the fact he done it for Newcastle in his best years (other than Nice arguably) just cements him at the top for me.

Rafa and Pardew. The two times we punched way above our weight under Ashley (Pardew fluke 5th place not counted).

I think you made an error here somehow  :lol:

Rafa and Pardew. The two times we punched way above our weight under Ashley (Pardew fluke 5th place not counted).

I think you made an error here somehow  :lol:

:pardsgrin:

He’s still ruining my life FFS :lol: Must be PTSD.

The fact that even after Pardew was gone his bootlicker Carver was just allowed to quickly release him incase the next real manager wanted him was disgusting.

It would have taken a sophisticated manager with intelligence and top notch man management skills to work with and get the best out of Hatem. It's no wonder one dimensional simpletons like Pardew and Carver couldn't work with him. Pardew liked characters like Williamson - quiet, grateful, no bother, no talent.

No doubt Hatem was a pain in the arse to manage at times, but what he was capable of on the pitch should've negated all of that. Obviously you can't have players kicking off all the time but you never heard anything about Hatem doing that. He was just a bit enigmatic - exactly the kind of player and character that Keegan and Sir Bobby would've relished working with. He would've been an absolute joy to watch under either of them (with a massive sexy smile on his face).