Success at what cost?

Mike
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Wish we could be under owners like Wolves or Leicester rather than Man City, but that's just my preference.

They couldn't afford us.

I just like how they're both improving without being as obvious as Man City.

I was referring more to that whole approach.

Its a bit of a weird one as if i'm honest i've never really done my research on Saudi Arabia, other then there human rights record are atrocious. Which does make me feel a bit weird and uneasy about the situation, but they'd have likely invested in another club if it wasn't us, so if thats the case then what does it matter if its us or another club, at-least if it is us, we might finally get some sort of success. There is nothing I can do personally about the issues in the country or if they invest in NUFC, I can have my views on them, that being they're despicable, but ultimately I can't do anything about it, so might as well enjoy some long overdue success. Thats where I currently stand anyway.

People saying you can't complain because of petrol and plastic is just retarded.

Thought we were gonna be better than Manchester City supporters, but there are people making excuses for the regime and they don't even own us yet!

Its a bit of a weird one as if i'm honest i've never really done my research on Saudi Arabia, other then there human rights record are atrocious. Which does make me feel a bit weird and uneasy about the situation, but they'd have likely invested in another club if it wasn't us, so if thats the case then what does it matter if its us or another club, at-least if it is us, we might finally get some sort of success. There is nothing I can do personally about the issues in the country or if they invest in NUFC, I can have my views on them, that being they're despicable, but ultimately I can't do anything about it, so might as well enjoy some long overdue success. Thats where I currently stand anyway.

It matters because if they take over another club they won't be using Newcastle United to whitewash their image, they'd be using another club.

Or you could look at it as a way to distract from him chopping up journalists and beheading Shias.

I could do, but then I think we are the second biggest exporters of arms to Saudi Arabia as a country anyway, no doubt those jets and fireworks get used to blast the bejeezuz out of Yemen. Ther US is the biggest exporter, and Trump is besties with MBS. The world is a very cynical place, I don't personally feel the need to take responsibility for the guilt when better people than me don't.

Wish we could be under owners like Wolves or Leicester rather than Man City, but that's just my preference.

They couldn't afford us.

I just like how they're both improving without being as obvious as Man City.

I was referring more to that whole approach.

Well, they are in the middle of a good spell for both clubs, whether they can sustain that ongoing will be interesting. Sometimes things just fall right, there's no guarantees it would have worked here.

Anyway, the main point I was making was that those type of owners will never get a sniff of NUFC because Cashley will only sell for an exorbitant price, and probably with loads of tie ins which your average investor will never agree to.

I've thought hard about this. On the one hand, I can't bare to see the club in the hands of a regime as brutal and backward as that of the Saudis. On the other hand this "sport washing" thing surely works both ways, yes it can bring the Saudis prestige and esteem if it works but doesn't it also put the spotlight on them somewhat as well? They've shown to back down to international pressure in individual cases where execution and maiming has been on the cards so surely them being in the public eye with such a high profile move is a good thing for them moving forward. Just my two penneth.

I think I would be fine with it if they buy the club, let Rafa run the football side of things so it can grow naturally within the boundary's of FFP abd then invest in the stadium and infrastructure, it doesn't need the Man City model of bringing in loads of daft players under Hughes and hoping they fit together.

Lets aim to compete with the likes of AC Milan, Dortmond, Ajax, Athletico Madrid and most of all bring the fans back together under the banner of UNITED rather than have the piss taking out of us every year by Ashley and his yes men. 

I gave up on the club years ago because of Ashley.  A new owner could convince me to return, but not this one.  He's only interested in the club to improve his profile in the west, and judging by this thread, it'll work.

You’re well within you’re right to make that decision. Hopefully you’ll be able to find a non-league team to support so you can enjoy football again? Can imagine it being quite hard to continue posting on here amongst all the positive threads about Mbappe scoring the winning champions league final goal?

SUCCESS AT ANY COST.

Your kids ?

A trophy gathering dust in a cabinet somewhere would still amount to more in life than any offspring that takes half its DNA from me, so I’m in, at least. :lol:

WWBD?

SUCCESS AT ANY COST.

Your kids ?

A trophy gathering dust in a cabinet somewhere would still amount to more in life than any offspring that takes half its DNA from me, so I’m in, at least. :lol:

WWBD?

hes a Mets fan so fuck ‘im.

SUCCESS AT ANY COST.

Your kids ?

WWBD?

hes a Mets fan so fuck ‘im.

Bernie?